Sign in to follow this  
SweetSapphicScholar

I Highly Recommend | Netflix Enthusiast

16 minutes ago, One Of The Boys said:

If you're looking for a moving documentary watch 13th or Amy! 

I finished this shows whole three seasons in about a whole day nnn:gaycat16:

It's definitely one of my favorite comedies and a MUST watch. They somehow managed to make philosophy and ethics fun to me.

OMG yes!!! I haven't seen season 3 yet but I'm obsessed with this show. I actually kinda like philosophy but I dislike the ethic and moral aspects of it, but this show just made me love it a lot. 

4 hours ago, SweetSapphicScholar said:

Aren’t they hilarious and the fact that it’s so vulgar makes it even better! They just started filming S6.

What season are you on?

undefined

I’m still on season one. 

But yes! I love how vulgar it is. I laughed A LOT during the pilot. The Ryan Gosling chair, when Grace told that postman “fuck you” or when Frankie called that lady at the store a “bitch” and went home and poured that Jameson into that ice cream...I LOVED IT ALL

• Love 1

I just finished Russian Doll and BITCH that was a wild ride.

From the never-ending party + the psychological and emotional twists. This was some heavy shit packed into 4 hours and I really encourage y'all to watch it. It was interesting, intense, weird, funny, sad, and cathartic. I'm so proud of Natasha Lyonne for co-producing and writing some of this project. Most of the film felt like she was playing herself but it was an excellent performance. Also, the character Alan felt so real, relatable and slightly painful (you'll know when you watch it). There was a little bit of heterosexual sex which I was not interested in but other than that it was really good.  If you have four hours to watch it all at once then I recommend you do so! 

I know I was rambling but I really wanted to share my thoughts and hopefully, someone else will watch it and we can discuss.

It took me until episode 7 to truly understand the show and I still might not have all the pieces.

undefined   undefined   undefined  

• Upvote 1

Finally finished Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes are I felt more informed cause I didn't have extensive knowledge of who he was and his motivation for the killings but I still don't know if I truly know or understand why he had such a love/hate toward women to kill and abuse them so brutally. I had no idea about him marrying Carole Boone and I can only imagine how foolish she felt defending a sociopath and confessed killer.

I do want to see the movie about him and now I get the movie reference title. I don't know if I'm a huge advocate for the death penalty but for him, it was a felt just and fair punishment for his actions.

• Upvote 2

On 2/3/2019 at 9:36 PM, SweetSapphicScholar said:

From the never-ending party + the psychological and emotional twists. This was some heavy shit packed into 4 hours and I really encourage y'all to watch it. It was interesting, intense, weird, funny, sad, and cathartic. I'm so proud of Natasha Lyonne for co-producing and writing some of this project. Most of the film felt like she was playing herself but it was an excellent performance. Also, the character Alan felt so real, relatable and slightly painful (you'll know when you watch it). There was a little bit of heterosexual sex which I was not interested in but other than that it was really good.  If you have four hours to watch it all at once then I recommend you do so! 

I know I was rambling but I really wanted to share my thoughts and hopefully, someone else will watch it and we can discuss.

It took me until episode 7 to truly understand the show and I still might not have all the pieces.

This looks like a good show I'm contemplating binging this for the night or You

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SweetSapphicScholar said:

Finally finished Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes are I felt more informed cause I didn't have extensive knowledge of who he was and his motivation for the killings but I still don't know if I truly know or understand why he had such a love/hate toward women to kill and abuse them so brutally. I had no idea about him marrying Carole Boone and I can only imagine how foolish she felt defending a sociopath and confessed killer.

I do want to see the movie about him and now I get the movie reference title. I don't know if I'm a huge advocate for the death penalty but for him, it was a felt just and fair punishment for his actions.

I feel the same way about this. I'm not 100% pro-capital punishment or death penalty or whatever but I do feel that in some cases it's the most fitting punishment. The callous way this man acted throughout his trial was unnerving. He made a spectacle of the whole thing and loved every minute of it. It was clear there would never be remorse for his actions, he was a truly evil person.

I actually lived in FL when he was executed. It was on all the news channels the night leading up to it. I remember people talking about "make sure you turn off all your lights, etc when the time comes so Ted gets his full dose of electricity" and things like that. The following day, his very dead face was on the cover of several news papers. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/4/2019 at 2:36 PM, SweetSapphicScholar said:

I'm up to the last two epsiodes and i love it. It's snappy, witty, funny and quite devastating sometimes. Natasha is so freaking good as always 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Believe In Furler said:

I'm up to the last two epsiodes and i love it. It's snappy, witty, funny and quite devastating sometimes. Natasha is so freaking good as always 

Ooooooooh let's talk when you finish! I found the last two episodes to be the most profound and gave a deeper meaning to the entire show. I really hope we get an S2.

15 minutes ago, One Of The Boys said:

This looks like a good show I'm contemplating binging this for the night or You

I could barely finish the pilot I was so unnerved by the show but since you mentioned it again I'm gonna watch it and prove I'm not a quitter but it's intense and disturbing. 

Definitely, watch RD tho it was really good and it's only 4 hours if you want to binge watch.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Blue Sunshine said:

He made a spectacle of the whole thing and loved every minute of it. It was clear there would never be remorse for his actions, he was a truly evil person.

I actually lived in FL when he was executed. It was on all the news channels the night leading up to it. I remember people talking about "make sure you turn off all your lights, etc when the time comes so Ted gets his full dose of electricity" and things like that. The following day, his very dead face was on the cover of several news papers. 

His arrogance in court was over the top and if he was trying to charm the jury it wasn't working.

It was kind of sick watching people celebrate outside the jail selling shirts and pins. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SweetSapphicScholar said:

His arrogance in court was over the top and if he was trying to charm the jury it wasn't working.

It was kind of sick watching people celebrate outside the jail selling shirts and pins. 

Absolutely. I personally am very glad he wasn't able to pull the wool over the jury's eyes. I don't even want to think of what may have happened had he been acquitted.

Definitely agree. It was being treated like some kinda sporting event or something, all good fun and partying. I found the whole situation, as well as the media coverage of it, to be very disrespectful to the victims and their families. 

• Upvote 1

So I’m halfway through Mindhunter which is creepy yet fascinating. I just started back watching it and I’m gonna finish the series this week. The origin of serial killers and profiling is interesting and the thought process behind it.

I believe they're getting a 2nd season!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SweetSapphicScholar said:

So I’m halfway through Mindhunter which is creepy yet fascinating. I just started back watching it and I’m gonna finish the series this week. The origin of serial killers and profiling is interesting and the thought process behind it.

I believe they're getting a 2nd season!

Oh I hope so! I really enjoyed this series, I'd love to see a S2.

• Upvote 1

The only Valentine's Day present I need!

Eve x Villanelle <3

I loved S1 so much and if you want to watch it's currently streaming on Hulu but it was amazing and now they're coming back!!

• Upvote 1

I saw an advert for that show the other night, it looks really good. I’ve not seen any of it yet so I think I’m gonna binge it on Hulu soon and catch up. S2 premieres day before me bday lol. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Believe In Furler said:

Just wanna give a shout out again to Russian Doll. I've watched it 2 times now and it's one of the best shows i've ever watched, period.

I added this one to my list to watch after I saw y’all talking about how good it was. Probably gonna start it tonight. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Blue Sunshine said:

I saw an advert for that show the other night, it looks really good. I’ve not seen any of it yet so I think I’m gonna binge it on Hulu soon and catch up. S2 premieres day before me bday lol. 

OMG, I feel like you're gonna love it based off of our mutual interest in serial killers (hint, hint) and Sandra Oh & Jodie Comer have such great chemistry!

Still obsessed and I hope the second season delivers!

4 minutes ago, Believe In Furler said:

Just wanna give a shout out again to Russian Doll. I've watched it 2 times now and it's one of the best shows i've ever watched, period.

What did you think of the ending? I really hope it gets a 2nd season. The reviews have been great and Natasha has gotten a lot of praise for her performance!

I don't know how the 2nd season will work unless they get caught in a similar situation and have to go back and relive past life experiences.

4 minutes ago, Blue Sunshine said:

I added this one to my list to watch after I saw y’all talking about how good it was. Probably gonna start it tonight. 

It's a 4-hour binge and it really is worth watching!

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, SweetSapphicScholar said:

What did you think of the ending? I really hope it gets a 2nd season. The reviews have been great and Natasha has gotten a lot of praise for her performance!

I don't know how the 2nd season will work unless they get caught in a similar situation and have to go back and relive past life experiences.

The ending is excellent. I wouldn't even mind if it just ended up being a mini series, it's a fantastic 4 hour movie with a satisfying end

• Upvote 1