Jump to content

i am chiron.

I Highly Recommend | Netflix Enthusiast

Recommended Posts

If you guys like Comedy or Philosophy, (moral philosophy to be exact) I recommend The Good Place. It's so funny but at the same time thoughtful, I love it. 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Winter Bird said:

If you guys like Comedy or Philosophy, (moral philosophy to be exact) I recommend The Good Place. It's so funny but at the same time thoughtful, I love it.

THANKS! I've seen it advertised and never watched it. Any particular episode that you liked the most or just start from the beginning?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HOLIDAYONCÉ said:

THANKS! I've seen it advertised and never watched it. Any particular episode that you liked the most or just start from the beginning?

You should start from the beginning 'cause it has a storyline. :arieducating:

At first the show seems very silly and dumb but at the end of the first season it becomes a little bit more serious with some heavy philosophy subjects and stuff (2nd season is way better than the first one imo). :arieducating:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2019 at 2:03 PM, HOLIDAYONCÉ said:

OMG I started but haven't finished watching the pilot yet cause I was so disturbed :deadbanana:

Let's talk after you've finished it!

I tried to watch You. I had to stop when Beck’s stalker was outside of her window jerking off. It just seemed overly try-hard. It seemed like a mixture of Girls meets Psycho meets One Tree Hill. Did you finish it? Did it get better? I want to like it, but it’s just so...meh! It’s like a CW show getting the “uncensored” treatment.

undefined

  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, neonnights said:

I tried to watch You. I had to stop when Beck’s stalker was outside of her window jerking off. It just seemed overly try-hard. It seemed like a mixture of Girls meets Psycho meets One Tree Hill. Did you finish it? Did it get better? I want to like it, but it’s just so...meh! It’s like a CW show getting the “uncensored” treatment.

undefined

OMG he just seemed like a complete Psycho from the opening monologue and the conclusions he would jump to over everything she did. I haven't went back to it but it's being discussed alot on social media and ppl are enjoying it. I had someone I know tell me what happens so I can do spoilers if you want.

Also, about it being try hard.. It did come from the Lifetime network which is nothing but drama, ppl stealing husband's, kids and identities :deadbanana: 

Overall it was too dark for me. I might try again later.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, HOLIDAYONCÉ said:

OMG he just seemed like a complete Psycho from the opening monologue and the conclusions he would jump to over everything she did. I haven't went back to it but it's being discussed alot on social media and ppl are enjoying it. I had someone I know tell me what happens so I can do spoilers if you want.

Also, about it being try hard.. It did come from the Lifetime network which is nothing but drama, ppl stealing husband's, kids and identities :deadbanana: 

Overall it was too dark for me. I might try again later.

I’m going to read the book, so no thank you to the spoilers. :) Plus, since I began it, I feel compelled to at least finish the pilot and then make a decision for good. 

But yeah, it just seemed a bit meh overall. It wasn’t particularly noteworthy. The most standout thing as most people have noted is that homegirl didn’t have blinds on her windows lmao. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you remember where you were when #FyreFestival started trending on Twitter in 2017 :laughcry: because I was in my bed HOLLERING as I watched the privileged have to fight it out Lord of the Flies style for a place to sleep when they're tropical music festival tanked so severely :lmfao: well now you can relive the hashtags, articles, and images in this new documentary!

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I highly recommend Cape Fear! I hadn’t seen it since about 2000-ish. It’s SO good. Jessica Lange is AMAZING (and it was good to see her in something outside of American Horror Story again). The story and directing is amazing and even though the violence is a tad over the top, it’s not that much of a distraction. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks really interesting and it's almost like a prequel to the upcoming TedBundy movie starring Zach Efron.

Conversations with a Killer : The Ted Bundy Tapes | Jan. 24th

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HOLIDAYONCÉ said:

This looks really interesting and it's almost like a prequel to the upcoming TedBundy movie starring Zach Efron.

Conversations with a Killer : The Ted Bundy Tapes | Jan. 24th

 

I will definitely be watching this one, I have an odd fascination with serial killers. Bundy has always been one who intrigued me.

I love the more documentary side of Netflix ... they have quite a few gems in there. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 6:38 PM, Graceful Dancing said:

I will definitely be watching this one, I have an odd fascination with serial killers. Bundy has always been one who intrigued me.

I love the more documentary side of Netflix ... they have quite a few gems in there. 

OMG ME TOO :excited:I'm always looking for people to discuss it with. As you can see from the OP I'm a huge fan of their documentaries and I've learned alot. I never was super interested in cults until watching some docs on Netflix and those are fascinating and disturbing especially the ones with mass murders. I also watch serial killer docs on YouTube.

Have you seen The Keepers? Do you know what happened to Sister Cathy? Cause that was a great one. 

I'm talked alot about a book I'm trying to finish reading called I'll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara about the hunt for the Golden State Killer. It's really good and I think there's gonna be an HBO special for it since he was captured last May.

What are your recommendations for documentaries?! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HOLIDAYONCÉ said:

OMG ME TOO :excited:I'm always looking for people to discuss it with. As you can see from the OP I'm a huge fan of their documentaries and I've learned alot. I never was super interested in cults until watching some docs on Netflix and those are fascinating and disturbing especially the ones with mass murders. I also watch serial killer docs on YouTube.

Have you seen The Keepers? Do you know what happened to Sister Nancy? Cause that was a great one. 

I'm talked alot about a book I'm trying to finish reading called I'll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara about the hunt for the Golden State Killer. It's really good and I think there's gonna be an HBO special for it since he was captured last May.

What are your recommendations for documentaries?! 

Exciting! It's nice to see another documentary fan ... they're very hard to find! I'm one of them people who has the need to always be learning something, it keeps my mind occupied and I'm super grateful for docu shows and specials. And since having Netflix and getting into that side of YouTube I've been watching tons of stuff. I especially love those true crime kinda YT channels. The stories are disturbing and heartbreaking, but it's like there's a part of me that feels the need to try and understand how a human mind can work that way. 

I have not, I need to add that to my list of things to watch ... I think I may do that tonight, I need a break from Food Network rn.

I think I may have to look for that book as well. True crime is one of my fave genres to read as well. 

I remember the first couple of things I ever watched on Netflix were the docs Killer Legends and Cropsey. Both made by the same director. They were pretty good. There is also this one about H. H. Holmes that I really enjoyed. I also watched one about Jeffrey Dahmer a few years back, it disturbed tf out of me. He has always been one that creeped me out. I'm not sure which, if any, of these are still on the platform tho.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@HOLIDAYONCÉ So, I watched The Keepers yesterday after you recommended it. I was absolutely shook. I was not expecting the depth to which the story went. Heartbreaking to watch. I think I walked away from the whole experience both devastated and angered in a way I haven't been in a long time. I know this is gonna sound weird, but that is one of the things I love about docs. The feelings they evoke are so ... pure, I guess is the word I'm looking for. Was definitely a great watch.

Thank you for the suggestion!

 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recommend any and all of the David Attenborough documentaries on Netflix, Planet Earth is amazing :kimcry:

Spoiler

Not on Netflix but his other series' Planet Earth II and Dynasties are also incredible and everyone should watch them :kimcry: 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Graceful Dancing said:

@HOLIDAYONCÉ So, I watched The Keepers yesterday after you recommended it. I was absolutely shook. I was not expecting the depth to which the story went. Heartbreaking to watch. I think I walked away from the whole experience both devastated and angered in a way I haven't been in a long time. I know this is gonna sound weird, but that is one of the things I love about docs. The feelings they evoke are so ... pure, I guess is the word I'm looking for. Was definitely a great watch.

Thank you for the suggestion!

 

OMG I felt the same way. But I was impressed by the effort and dedication everyone made to uncover those buried secrets. It was horrifying to hear the details and that they never get a true sense of justice but being brave enough to tell your truth can be just as powerful. Especially the woman who was anonymous for so long. I definitely cried alot watching it.

I would love if the team who put it together considered doing another "docuseries".

Glad you enjoyed it :cloud9: there's a movie that's also based around a similar scandal called Spotlight if you ever feel like watching it.

Let me know if you're looking for anything new to watch! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, HOLIDAYONCÉ said:

OMG I felt the same way. But I was impressed by the effort and dedication everyone made to uncover those buried secrets. It was horrifying to hear the details and that they never get a true sense of justice but being brave enough to tell your truth can be just as powerful. Especially the woman who was anonymous for so long. I definitely cried alot watching it.

I would love if the team who put it together considered doing another "docuseries".

Glad you enjoyed it :cloud9: there's a movie that's also based around a similar scandal called Spotlight if you ever feel like watching it.

Let me know if you're looking for anything new to watch! 

Like, the level of depravity that was exposed ... I was just blown away how something this horrendous could just be basically swept under the rug. I was just kinda flabbergasted (showing my age using that word there). I agree, the amount of strength the victims showed throughout all those decades of suffering they had to endure ... brought me to tears. The dedication and love from those who just wanted closure, not only for Sister Cathy but for everyone involved. It's a perfect example of a tragedy bringing out the more beautiful side of human nature. I just wish the resolve had more satisfying for everyone. They deserve that peace and I feel like they'll never truly get that.

That would be great, there was such a great dynamic in the way this docuseries was executed. I'd definitely like to see more from them in the future.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 1:47 PM, SweetSapphicScholar said:

This looks really interesting and it's almost like a prequel to the upcoming TedBundy movie starring Zach Efron.

Conversations with a Killer : The Ted Bundy Tapes | Jan. 24th

 

I just finished it, thought it was really good. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Blue Sunshine said:

I just finished it, thought it was really good. 

I haven't started yet cause I was too busy binging on Forensic Files again! I'm gonna watch this weekend... What are your initial thoughts? Do you feel like you learned anything new or is it the same info on a different platform?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SweetSapphicScholar said:

I haven't started yet cause I was too busy binging on Forensic Files again! I'm gonna watch this weekend... What are your initial thoughts? Do you feel like you learned anything new or is it the same info on a different platform?

I'm kinda annoyed that it's only 4 episodes long, I feel like it could have gone at least to 6 or something. But, that being said, it was informative. There were some things in this particular doc, mainly the audios of the tapes (I've heard some of them before, but not all of the ones they used here) ... there's something chilling about how nonchalant he is when he speaks. But yeah, I think it brought to light a few things I wasn't aware of before. Some more details about things I had previously known. It was good.

Side note ... the choice of release date for this documentary was not lost on me. Shook.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're looking for a moving documentary watch 13th or Amy! 

On 1/9/2019 at 12:17 PM, Winter Bird said:

If you guys like Comedy or Philosophy, (moral philosophy to be exact) I recommend The Good Place. It's so funny but at the same time thoughtful, I love it. 

 

I finished this shows whole three seasons in about a whole day nnn:gaycat16:

It's definitely one of my favorite comedies and a MUST watch. They somehow managed to make philosophy and ethics fun to me.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×