Roobz

Last TV/Reality Show you watched?

9 minutes ago, Graceful Dancing said:

I've not checked out that subreddit yet, I'm gonna need to do that. I used to read LNM and NoSleep but it's difficult on my phone (gives me migraines) so I was happy when I found there were channels on YT that read the stories and upload 'em in video form. Easier on my head to just sit and listen to them. Same with the site Thought Catalog and Creepypasta ... I don't read 'em much anymore but I can always find a story to listen to either on YT or one of the podcasts.

I agree, true crime is really hard to take sometimes. It really makes you lose your faith in humanity to think about the depraved things some people feel it's okay to do. I never read Helter Skelter bc I felt like I probably wouldn't be able to handle it. I know there's a film adaptation of the book (bc people used to say my da looked like the actor who played Manson) but I have never seen it. I am familiar with the case and what happened though and it's heartbreaking. One of those stories that sticks with you and it's hard to shake off the feeling it evokes.

Creepypasta used to be good, too. A lot of those sites went down in quality over the years IMO. Too many people trying to write a good story that could catch on with the people. 

I feel I can digest a lot, but you hit the nail on the head with the Manson stuff. It’s hard to shake the viciousness of it. I watched Sharon Tate’s movies before I read it, so it was very morbid to see her alive knowing in grisly detail what would precisely happen to her. It’s definitely something that sticks with you and makes you wonder what could possibly drive people to that level. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, neonnights said:

Creepypasta used to be good, too. A lot of those sites went down in quality over the years IMO. Too many people trying to write a good story that could catch on with the people. 

I feel I can digest a lot, but you hit the nail on the head with the Manson stuff. It’s hard to shake the viciousness of it. I watched Sharon Tate’s movies before I read it, so it was very morbid to see her alive knowing in grisly detail what would precisely happen to her. It’s definitely something that sticks with you and makes you wonder what could possibly drive people to that level. 

I definitely agree. You used to be able to find real quality reads on those sites but now it's mostly rip-off stories based on the ones that were successful in the past. Kind of a shame too bc the good authors get lost in the shuffle of all the really bad stuff that's flooded the sites over the past few years.

Exactly. The brutality and callous of the whole incident is just so much to try and wrap your head around. It's one of those true crime stories that legitimately gave me nightmares when I was younger. I understand exactly what you're saying, like it's hard to enjoy a film or even just her performance in a film knowing that horrible fate that they inflicted upon her. She didn't deserve that, no human being ever deserves something like what they did to her.

• Upvote 1

I'm watching #SeekingSisterWife on TLC and I'm always fascinated at the idea of multiple partners. While I have no interest myself I try to be open minded and embrace new experiences and lifestyles.

Why aren't there ever women with multiple husband's tho :laughcry: it feels like the lifestyle caters exclusively to men.

Is anyone else watching?

On 1/25/2019 at 1:33 PM, SweetSapphicScholar said:

I'm watching #SeekingSisterWife on TLC and I'm always fascinated at the idea of multiple partners. While I have no interest myself I try to be open minded and embrace new experiences and lifestyles.

Why aren't there ever women with multiple husband's tho :laughcry: it feels like the lifestyle caters exclusively to men.

Is anyone else watching?

I feel it’s only seen as acceptable in this exact scenario. Girl, you know this world would be up in arms if a show centered on a woman with multiple husbands/boyfriends. No matter how progressive people claim to be, and no matter how much people scream that women lie about inequality, things like that are still seen as taboo for women in this day and age. 

• Upvote 1

Almost caught up on Hollyoaks, then deciding if I want to continue 90210 or move onto something new. The "new" would be SupernaturalGrey's Anatomy or the new Carmen Sandiego.

• Upvote 1