Roobz

Last TV/Reality Show you watched?

10 minutes ago, neonnights said:

I like Sal and Joe the best. But, as you said, I love them all. There was an episode where Joe had to wear a bikini and randomly start washing people’s cars outside of this office. I was choking, laughing so hard.

Joe Gatto is literally one of the funniest human beings on the planet ... there is no denying it! I love that is willing to do basically anything to make people laugh.

7 minutes ago, HOLIDAYONCÉ said:

OMG I am also a Food Network junkie! Especially Chopped, GGG, and all the holiday baking competitions. 

Yes, another FN stan! I used to watch literally nothing but for several years ... back when Emeril had his show and stuff like Good Eats and Unwrapped was still on air.  Huge fan of Chopped, such a great show. All the baking competitions are my faves ... doesn't matter if it's Halloween, Christmas, whatever ... those are the best! 

I actually have a friend who won an episode of Cake Wars a few years ago. Was so happy for him!

On 1/7/2019 at 11:03 AM, madlthr said:

Movie: Black Mirror: Bandersnatch

:wendy12:

It got me f'd up though but that only means to me it was good! I wish Netflix made more interactive content like this, probably will check the original Black Mirror series after this. I couldnt sleep after watching it either as it made me question a lot of things about life and freedom of choice.

TV Series: Bates Motel

Just finished the finale and oh my this is one of the best tv series ever made. I cant think of a single episode that was a filler (unlike other series *cough* TWD *cough*). If you like Psycho I definitely recommend this adaptation of it, def need to rewatch it again!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS. this show was so good, i was so obsesed with it! 

7 minutes ago, TLC Fan said:

Glee. Such a shame what happened during and after the series. 

I used to stan Glee during season one for Kevin McHale nn 

About half way through season one of GGG. (I watched the series backwards bc I'm a dumbass.) I dunno which show Imma watch next.

Worst Cooks In America.

This show always makes me feel better about my minimal kitchen skills.

Watching Chopped now.

I legit wanna know why tf there is even such a thing as a chicken flavored candy cane ...

Oc1z5xP.gif

5 minutes ago, neonnights said:

Ghost Adventures. It’s so awful. 

It is awful but I love it so much lol. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Graceful Dancing said:

Watching Chopped now.

I legit wanna know why tf there is even such a thing as a chicken flavored candy cane ...

Oc1z5xP.gif

It is awful but I love it so much lol. 

I used to like it a lot when it first started, but I can’t get over Zak’s constant screaming and overdramatizing. It’s like a gust blows by and he’s like OH MY GOD!!!! DID YOU FEEL THAT?! OMG! OMG!!! Lol, it just gets to be too much. There are better ghost/paranormal shows to watch I feel. I like the first account shows better where someone sits down and talks about their experiences with re-enactments.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, neonnights said:

I used to like it a lot when it first started, but I can’t get over Zak’s constant screaming and overdramatizing. It’s like a gust blows by and he’s like OH MY GOD!!!! DID YOU FEEL THAT?! OMG! OMG!!! Lol, it just gets to be too much. There are better ghost/paranormal shows to watch I feel. I like the first account shows better where someone sits down and talks about their experiences with re-enactments.

I agree, Zak is way too much drama to handle most of the time. But I love me some Billy and Jay, so much! I do agree with you ... the more Paranormal Witness/Celebrity Ghost Stories kinda shows are better. Like, sit down and tell me your stories ... I don't really need all the dramatics from investigations, etc. I also like that Dead Files show from Travel Channel, but Amy is too overdramatic at times too.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Graceful Dancing said:

I agree, Zak is way too much drama to handle most of the time. But I love me some Billy and Jay, so much! I do agree with you ... the more Paranormal Witness/Celebrity Ghost Stories kinda shows are better. Like, sit down and tell me your stories ... I don't really need all the dramatics from investigations, etc. I also like that Dead Files show from Travel Channel, but Amy is too overdramatic at times too.

Oh yeah, I really like Celebrity Ghost Stories. There were some good ones (ones I never expected to see) on there. Paranormal Witness is scary AF for a TV show.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, neonnights said:

Oh yeah, I really like Celebrity Ghost Stories. There were some good ones (ones I never expected to see) on there. Paranormal Witness is scary AF for a TV show.

Me too, the show as definitely better than I had expected it to be. I honestly thought something like CGS was gonna be SO corny ... but it is a really good show.

RIGHT! I remember watching PW the first time and being like, "how is this on regular TV?" It's one of them that seems like it shoulda been on like a premium cable channel or streaming or something. So good!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Graceful Dancing said:

Me too, the show as definitely better than I had expected it to be. I honestly thought something like CGS was gonna be SO corny ... but it is a really good show.

RIGHT! I remember watching PW the first time and being like, "how is this on regular TV?" It's one of them that seems like it shoulda been on like a premium cable channel or streaming or something. So good!

The best stories I remember were from Tracy Nelson talking about growing up in Errol Flynn’s house and having an eerie premonition of her dad’s death and the actor who played Bubba in Forrest Gump talking about receiving a phone call from a childhood friend who sounded like he was in literal hell. I think both episodes are on Hulu. 

As for PW, years ago when I didn’t have cable or satellite, I bought the first 3 seasons on iTunes and would watch them late at night. A MISTAKE! They were so disturbing and really good quality. 

But, I do that a lot. I like to watch scary stuff at night. I don’t know why lmao.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, neonnights said:

The best stories I remember were from Tracy Nelson talking about growing up in Errol Flynn’s house and having an eerie premonition of her dad’s death and the actor who played Bubba in Forrest Gump talking about receiving a phone call from a childhood friend who sounded like he was in literal hell. I think both episodes are on Hulu. 

As for PW, years ago when I didn’t have cable or satellite, I bought the first 3 seasons on iTunes and would watch them late at night. A MISTAKE! They were so disturbing and really good quality. 

But, I do that a lot. I like to watch scary stuff at night. I don’t know why lmao.

I remember the Tracy Nelson episode, that one was good! I'm gonna be checking Hulu tonight to see what all episodes they have to watch ... been a long time since I've watched the show.

I do the same thing! If I'm gonna watch something scary, it's gonna be at like 1 in the morning when I'm the only one up in the house. I creep myself out sometimes but I love it so much! I must be a glutton for punishment or something lol.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Graceful Dancing said:

I remember the Tracy Nelson episode, that one was good! I'm gonna be checking Hulu tonight to see what all episodes they have to watch ... been a long time since I've watched the show.

I do the same thing! If I'm gonna watch something scary, it's gonna be at like 1 in the morning when I'm the only one up in the house. I creep myself out sometimes but I love it so much! I must be a glutton for punishment or something lol.

Same. I used to get so scared I wouldn’t sleep with my back toward my bedroom door. :kelly: Sometimes I’ll listen to old Coast to Coast with Art Bell episodes on YouTube, which was (I think it still is but with a different host now) a radio show where people could call in and tell the host their own ghost story or experience or they’d have certain episodes revolve around a certain topic like devil worshippers or UFOs or corruption in the Vatican or whatever with different guests. I’d always take it with a grain of salt, because some of them were completely obviously off their rocker but it’s always interesting to listen to late at night when everyone’s asleep. 

I recommend it! 

• Upvote 1

Same. I used to get so scared I wouldn’t sleep with my back toward my bedroom door. :kelly: Sometimes I’ll listen to old Coast to Coast with Art Bell episodes on YouTube, which was (I think it still is but with a different host now) a radio show where people could call in and tell the host their own ghost story or experience or they’d have certain episodes revolve around a certain topic like devil worshippers or UFOs or corruption in the Vatican or whatever with different guests. I’d always take it with a grain of salt, because some of them were completely obviously off their rocker but it’s always interesting to listen to late at night when everyone’s asleep. 

I recommend it! 

LOL, me too! I used to wanna be able to see it coming of someone was coming to get me. Now I'm just like ... if they wanna come up in here and stab me in the back they can have at it. They'll fall on their damn face before they get to me!

I have never heard of that, I'm definitely gonna look it up! I love listening to the horror narrators who read the true horror stories from Reddit and stuff like that. I like No Sleep stories too, but the "true" ones get to me more. I think almost every podcast I subscribe to as well as a HUGE majority of the YT channels I sub are either true crime/horror or No Sleep. Like you said, take it all w a grain of salt ... but it's so entertaining to listen to. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Graceful Dancing said:

LOL, me too! I used to wanna be able to see it coming of someone was coming to get me. Now I'm just like ... if they wanna come up in here and stab me in the back they can have at it. They'll fall on their damn face before they get to me!

I have never heard of that, I'm definitely gonna look it up! I love listening to the horror narrators who read the true horror stories from Reddit and stuff like that. I like No Sleep stories too, but the "true" ones get to me more. I think almost every podcast I subscribe to as well as a HUGE majority of the YT channels I sub are either true crime/horror or No Sleep. Like you said, take it all w a grain of salt ... but it's so entertaining to listen to. 

I used to read Reddit a lot too. I used to read (and still do) The Truth is Here subreddit. I used to visit the LetsNotMeet subreddit but the quality has gone down, but 5 or so years ago, there were some really disturbing stories on there. I sometimes read the Unresolved Mysteries reddit, but it just gets too depressing. I have an equal interest in true crime, but it just gets disheartening to read a lot of it at once. I finished Helter Skelter about Manson and his cult and their killings and the brutality put me off for a second.

• Upvote 1

I used to read Reddit a lot too. I used to read (and still do) The Truth is Here subreddit. I used to visit the LetsNotMeet subreddit but the quality has gone down, but 5 or so years ago, there were some really disturbing stories on there. I sometimes read the Unresolved Mysteries reddit, but it just gets too depressing. I have an equal interest in true crime, but it just gets disheartening to read a lot of it at once. I finished Helter Skelter about Manson and his cult and their killings and the brutality put me off for a second.

I've not checked out that subreddit yet, I'm gonna need to do that. I used to read LNM and NoSleep but it's difficult on my phone (gives me migraines) so I was happy when I found there were channels on YT that read the stories and upload 'em in video form. Easier on my head to just sit and listen to them. Same with the site Thought Catalog and Creepypasta ... I don't read 'em much anymore but I can always find a story to listen to either on YT or one of the podcasts.

I agree, true crime is really hard to take sometimes. It really makes you lose your faith in humanity to think about the depraved things some people feel it's okay to do. I never read Helter Skelter bc I felt like I probably wouldn't be able to handle it. I know there's a film adaptation of the book (bc people used to say my da looked like the actor who played Manson) but I have never seen it. I am familiar with the case and what happened though and it's heartbreaking. One of those stories that sticks with you and it's hard to shake off the feeling it evokes.

• Upvote 1