Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Livelikemusic

Dynasty | Official Thread

Recommended Posts

I tried to watch the reboot but it is just SO BAD. The new Fallon is a mess and a caricature of how bratty and scheming the original was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, neonnights said:

I tried to waarch the reboot but it is just SO BAD. The new Fallon is a mess and a caricature of how bratty and scheming the original was.

Oh, see, to me, the character of Fallon is the one character they casted right. Honestly, the reboot is not as bad as I thought it'd be. It picked up by mid-season, but it still pales in comparison to the original series. Plus, nuAlexis sucks.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Livelikemusic said:

Oh, see, to me, the character of Fallon is the one character they casted right. Honestly, the reboot is not as bad as I thought it'd be. It picked up by mid-season, but it still pales in comparison to the original series. Plus, nuAlexis sucks.

Excuse my typo in my original post omg. 

So does nuKrystal. What made the original Dynasty so good was Krystal was, at heart, a kind woman with a conscience, but she wasn’t afraid to get dirty if she HAD to but she never deviated from that core centre too much. In the revamped version, she’s shuffled between being this caricature of what a boss bitch should be and meek, simple wife? I couldn’t get into that. 

And the fights are kind of overkill. I get it’s Dynasty but it’s like they are a fight just to have one. Again, it doesn’t feel organic.

also, I’m low key annoyed they cast Sammy Jo as a man this time around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, neonnights said:

Excuse my typo in my original post omg. 

So does nuKrystal. What made the original Dynasty so good was Krystal was, at heart, a kind woman with a conscience, but she wasn’t afraid to get dirty if she HAD to but she never deviated from that core centre too much. In the revamped version, she’s shuffled between being this caricature of what a boss bitch should be and meek, simple wife? I couldn’t get into that. 

And the fights are kind of overkill. I get it’s Dynasty but it’s like they are a fight just to have one. Again, it doesn’t feel organic.

also, I’m low key annoyed they cast Sammy Jo as a man this time around.

For me, the reboot was cast wrong in a lot of roles. I'm okay with Sammy Jo being a male, because it gave Steven a reason to actually be a homosexual, instead of a make-shift bisexual character. The issue with "Cristal" is that she was a poser. I don't want to spoil anything, but Nathalie Kelley is not returning for S2. So, let that say something. Krstyle Carrington was beautiful and had a beautiful heart.

Also, this clip is excellent with Liz Gillies as Fallon:

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Livelikemusic said:

For me, the reboot was cast wrong in a lot of roles. I'm okay with Sammy Jo being a male, because it gave Steven a reason to actually be a homosexual, instead of a make-shift bisexual character. The issue with "Cristal" is that she was a poser. I don't want to spoil anything, but Nathalie Kelley is not returning for S2. So, let that say something. Krstyle Carrington was beautiful and had a beautiful heart.

Also, this clip is excellent with Liz Gillies as Fallon:

 

Hmmm, I might have to continue my watch of this. Those first few episodes were just a cringe fest to sit through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, neonnights said:

Hmmm, I might have to continue my watch of this. Those first few episodes were just a cringe fest to sit through. 

Like I said, by mid-season, they found a groove. There are some twists in the season that I never saw happening. I love it, honestly. Fallon is a gay man in a woman's body, and I love it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Livelikemusic said:

Like I said, by mid-season, they found a groove. There are some twists in the season that I never saw happening. I love it, honestly. Fallon is a gay man in a woman's body, and I love it.

 

I’ll give it another try and tell you my thoughts. 

Have you ever watched The Colby’s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2018 at 11:45 PM, Livelikemusic said:

I haven't. It's not available on Prime.

This is not necessarily a spoiler, but there was an alien abduction in the series finale :kelly: 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, neonnights said:

This is not necessarily a spoiler, but there was an alien abduction in the series finale :kelly: 

Oh, I know. It was mentioned during Dynasty when Fallon and Jeff returned full-time. Plus, I watched the E! True Hollywood Story on Dynasty, and they even mentioned it. Aliens ain't even that bad. Try melting face masks and memory mapping, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Livelikemusic said:

Oh, I know. It was mentioned during Dynasty when Fallon and Jeff returned full-time. Plus, I watched the E! True Hollywood Story on Dynasty, and they even mentioned it. Aliens ain't even that bad. Try melting face masks and memory mapping, lol.

That’s what I love about these old soaps. They had some INSANE plots. Like the season five finale. 

Have you ever seen Melrose Place? It got about as whacky as Dynasty got. Plus Rinna and Sammy Jo are both in it. 

Just now, Treacherous Lovatic said:

I haven't but i definitely should. Is it on any streaming services?

It’s on Amazon Prime. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Treacherous Lovatic said:

I haven't but i definitely should. Is it on any streaming services?

Amazon Prime has all nine seasons, as does CW Seed. Only thing missing on both of the two-part 1991 reunion, which is a shame.

Just now, neonnights said:

That’s what I love about these old soaps. They had some INSANE plots. Like the season five finale. 

Have you ever seen Melrose Place? It got about as whacky as Dynasty got. Plus Rinna and Sammy Jo are both in it. 

I liked the season five finale; granted, it's when they begun jumping gun, but it worked for them. Some of their recasts, though, not loving them!

As for Melrose Place, I used to watch it when it was on SOAPNet; not my fave, though.

Just now, ???????? said:

Excited for S2! But I'm upset Cristal isn't coming back.

I'm excited to see what Cristal brings to the series in the second season, though! It's an interesting twist they're taking.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Livelikemusic said:

I'm excited to see what Cristal brings to the series in the second season, though! It's an interesting twist they're taking.

Yeah. I heard they’re adding the “real” Cristal this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×