New COP Promotion!!! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
ACT2

The Sun on Gaga: "There is a massive renewed ­interest in her, not only as a pop star but also a pop culture figure."

A FAILED five-year relationship, plunging record sales and repeatedly axed tour dates amid health fears.

It was only a few months ago that Lady Gaga’s once- glittering showbiz career seemed to be all but over.

But a remarkable turnaround means she is now the experts’ hot tip for a Best Actress Oscar as her spluttering career takes off again in a whole new direction — Hollywood.

Gaga, 32, was thrown a lifeline when she was cast as lead character Ally in Bradley Cooper’s film directing debut A Star Is Born — about an aspiring singer who is discovered by an ageing music superstar.

And it is quickly surpassing all expectations, with critics tipping it to sweep the board at next year’s awards season.

The film, in cinemas from October 5, is the third remake of the 1937 original — after Judy Garland in 1954 and Barbra Streisand in 1976 — and looks set to be the ­biggest yet.

But just two years ago it was a very different story for Gaga.

The public had seemingly lost interest in the woman who had so recently been pop’s biggest, most exciting star, with flamboyant ­outfits and chart-topping hits.

Gaga’s own disillusionment with fame dates from earlier.

Speaking in 2015, she admitted she was ­devastated with how her career had panned out and wanted to quit music altogether.

read more https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7253933/lady-gaga-a-star-is-born-career-revival/

• Upvote 5

Just now, jackgrande said:

I low key don’t appreciate some of the false drags in this article (a M*donna stan definitely wrote it :arilaugh:)

But her Oscar is coming! :disgusted:

queen of re-inventing herself

:praisejesus2:

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dangerous Woman said:

Where is it :whereisit:

a star is born: universal acclaim, 87% Metacritic, 9.1/10 IMDb, 89 metacritic, 96% rotten tomatoes, hyped for best actress & best original song oscar nominations.

• Upvote 1

Guest oƃɐᴉʇuɐs

I'm here for her success and her oscars, she is one of a kind 

Just now, Ahmed said:

I'm opening up to her again. She lost me after 'Judas' but i'm feeling her right now, i feel she knows what she's doing this time around.

180908115141158941.gif

wow thats weird why? that song is a B O P