Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous Woman

Thoughts on ageism?

Is it an important social issue or is it okay to tell old people they have their limitations and shouldn’t act a certain way at their age?

Is it as important to focus on as sexism etc?? What are your thoughts?

Nah, im a 26 scene girl with 30+ posters on my wall.  Doesnt matter what age you are as long you act respectful no issue.  

Its like they say girls have to be younger in a relationship but ill admit im alwaus 4-5 years older and i dont let it get to me too. Im agaist people who say act your age. I normally lie bout my age around most people.

As for older genration. My 60 year old mum does need to grow up a bit and let people live there life bht her being into pokemon is fine. Old old old people tho are a problem..but only bc the brought up decades ago

Just now, Ricky Martin said:

it's very frustrating

I'm just 24 old and I already feel old because of society, it's very toxic, but it's definitely a bigger problem for women than men

The op is ageist and says people above 40 should stop acting like they're 20/young/sexy. :wendyw:

What are your thoughts on people like her with their limited and backwards views? :wendyw:

Just now, H.O.N.E.Y said:

The op is ageist and says people above 40 should stop acting like they're 20/young/sexy. :wendyw:

What are your thoughts on people like her with their limited and backwards views? :wendyw:

I’ve never said that. But I don’t like when people who are pushing 50 act like they’re still in their 20s. They aren’t that young anymore and they should adjust their behavior to their age. Of course they can still be sexy,  but in a different way.

I think it is an inseparable issue if you care about women rights. Ignoring it means you are a hypocrite as it is an issue which women of all walks of life deal with.

I want to know what do you mean by "limitations" so we can be clear! Because for example, exhibiting slutacious behavior can be considered a limitation to women of ALL AGES by a lot of people (men and women), but YOU clearly believe that it's okay as long as one is young, so what is it with your logic? 

Also there are a lot of older women who look way better than other women who are half their age, so where do you stand in this topic? do you only care about age or do you care about looks?

One more thing, as a woman who clearly sound rebellious in her posts, will you let others/society control how you should behave when you get older? and why the sudden change of heart? is it just because of old age? 

answer all of these tbh.

• Upvote 1

I just can't understand how young women can be so harsh on older women, like, women get enough shit from a society that is male dominated. If a man is 50 years old and surrounds himself with young women he is successful and in charge of his life, but if a women is 50 years old and she's surrounded by young men then she's a slut, a trainwreck and needs to act her own age and behave accordingly, and this is mostly said by young women that believe it or not, are the ones projecting their own insecurites onto older women, as if there's was a certain age to enjoy life or to do certain things. 

Shit, young women should be the ones fighting against ageism just so they can enjoy a better life when they get to that age instead of tearing older women down and just supporting a society that will punish them for be what they want and be what men want. 

Ageism, body shaming, "slut-shaming" and all those types of bullying come from women to women and find their support in gay men. Just be respectful in general, so you can enjoy a better life and future when you're not young anymore.

• Upvote 1

i fucking hate it

especially being 10-21

people my age only stan young girls ari charli etc...

they feel embarrassed if they stan madonna cher abba katy or gaga

def its cancer and it should be cured with the cure (available on itunes) PRONTO.

Just now, Dangerous Woman said:

I’ve never said that. But I don’t like when people who are pushing 50 act like they’re still in their 20s. They aren’t that young anymore and they should adjust their behavior to their age. Of course they can still be sexy,  but in a different way.

who are you to decide how people should live their lives regardless of their age, the fuck? 

how about you mind your business and not bother what other people do, this kind of judgement is ugly

• Upvote 3

Most of the womans that hit 40-50 years old are not that requested to play in movies anymore, they are damaged goods for alot of producers and that's a fact, it's a real issue and talked about more and more. Of course you would not know that if you think that a song title for a woman in her 40's is childish and lame. A fucking song title! If we are here let's talk about ya fave Ariana and how she acts like she's 16. 

• Upvote 1

It’s an issue but not as big as things like sexism, ageism comes under the whole umbrella of things sexism includes. I really don’t think it’s worth any of y’all getting into a state about it there are much bigger and more important issues out there :dafuq:

old age usually warrants respect, but tbh it’s not usually reciprocated from the older generations at least from where i’m from but I don’t lose sleep over it