COP is back baby! Read more... ×
The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
Swagga

Mauritania: Rape Survivors at risk.

This is so sad and revolting. I'm at loss of words tbh. These women have barely any rights, I mean... imagine living in a country that discriminates women and their rights like this? Tragic. More tragic is, this is what all these faux-woke feminists should be talking about, instead of being perched and triggered on Twitter 24/7. I'm all about feminism don't get me wrong, but issues like this NEED to be talked about. This video has barely a hundred views. All we do is turn a blind eye and pretend these countries and their problems don't even exist. We actually don't even have a single clue about what's going on there.. women being jailed/prosecuted for being raped or aggressed... that's the true (and sad) reality of the world right today. And nobody gives a single fuck. This is not smth people would be talking about in a conversation, this is not a topic that would be trending on Twitter (or any other social media), nobody would publicly speak against this country's absurd politics and their laws... while these poor victims keep on being taken advantage of and silenced against their will. Sad.

• Love 2
  • Give a Cookie 1

it makes me sad how hard it is for rape victims to live like this because of the stigma regardless where you are but this has to be the worst.

i hope justice will be served for them, getting raped but also be sent to jail? that's fucked up

• Love 3

Its really awful and heartbreaking but I'm not surprised. There are many countries in the world where women are treated like subhumans and straight men do whatever the fuck they want to do without repercussions. There are countries out there that make rape victims marry their rapist - how fucked up is that?

Those of us who live in the West often forget how brutal other parts of the world can be to women (and to LGBT people). The Handmaid's Tale series is after all, by the author's own admission, pulled from real life events.  That tells you everything right there.

Girls and gays should team up and run the world. We'd bring about world peace, end climate change and take humanity into a golden era :kiss:

• Love 1