The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×
More over Eurovision! COPvision is back! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
Khris

Did Pop Music's Reign End With Ellie Goulding?

Just now, barbiej33p said:

Yes, multiple hits and we paid her DUST just because her voice was different. Her new era will flop because the gays will let her down

WHY did I think being a Lana stan meant I had to drag the poor girl back in those days... We really lost Image result for gretchen atrl gif

• Upvote 1

Just now, Khris said:

WHY did I think being a Lana stan meant I had to drag the poor girl back in those days... We really lost Image result for gretchen atrl gif

And the slutshaming when Marina and her had beef and cheating on Ed Sheeran. We shoulda let her be a hoe Image result for gretchen atrl gif

• Love 1

Just now, Avril Lavigne said:

Yes. She was truly the legend of Pop. :kimcry: I used to stan her but I jumped on her dust-paying bandwagon and now I can't stan back because her music is too high-quality for me. :cry2:

To be fair Delirium was not it, some bops but too long and leaning towards generic :cry2:

How you gonna break my heart with Halcyon and release this Alessia Cara bullshit :cry2:

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

To be fair Delirium was not it, some bops but too long and leaning towards generic :cry2:

How you gonna break my heart with Halcyon and release this Alessia Cara bullshit :cry2:

I agree, I was disappointed with Delirium too, but the sheer QUALITY of her earlier releases made me want to cry because I am simply too uneducated to listen to her level of quality music. :cry2:

She used to be my 2nd favorite only behind Avril too. :cry2:

• Love 1

Yes. She was truly the legend of Pop. :kimcry: I used to stan her but I jumped on her dust-paying bandwagon and now I can't stan back because her music is too high-quality for me. :cry2:

It's OKAY. Avril Lavigne is COMING babe :cry2:

• Upvote 1

Just now, demimaniac said:

halycon served iconique bops including the best song on the album figure 8:azealiakunt:

i never quite understood why she never "happened":naomi:

As someone who was paying attention to her career since her first album, I can safely say sis was SO close to making it to A-list territory. Her name was being thrown around E! News, she was sitting front row with Taylor at VMAS, and even caused Fifth Harmony's breakthrough on X factor by them covering Anything Could Happen and becoming more popular the original, and 2 Calvin Harris hits to top it off, but nope, sis better BRING it and dodge that 4th album curse :naomi:

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

halycon served iconique bops including the best song on the album figure 8:azealiakunt:

i never quite understood why she never "happened":naomi:

She definitely happened, the 50 shades soundtrack is solid proof. We stupid gays just got mad at her for outselling our faves and ended her however we could :cry2:

We really played ourselves because now we have mumble rap :cry2:

• Love 1

sis better BRING it and dodge that 4th album curse :naomi:

Let's be honest with ourselves here :cry2: NO ONE can dodge the 4AC

• Love 1

She used to be my 2nd favorite only behind Avril too. :cry2:

TEA y'all would never know I was a dedicated stan before Charli XCX, like saw her live and everything :naomi:

• Upvote 1

sweetener is Ariana's biggest album to date though. :arieducating:

But is it good? :arieducating: Everyone fails in some aspect of an album with the 4AC.

In this case, ari's failure was the sound :arieducating:

Just now, Khris said:

She definitely happened, the 50 shades soundtrack is solid proof. We stupid gays just got mad at her for outselling our faves and ended her however we could :cry2:

We really played ourselves because now we have mumble rap :cry2:

i mean she never happened in the way jessie j never happened:cry2: multiple hits but the stan community never got behind them

i mean, they have way more succesful songs than selena, demi etc. yet the majority of people still think the previously mentioned are way more succesful than jessie or ellie because being a succesful artist is to be bigger than your songs, and ellie never became bigger than her songs:cry2:

ellie deserved better:cry2:

• Love 1

i mean she never happened in the way jessie j never happened:cry2: multiple hits but the stan community never got behind them

i mean, they have way more succesful songs than selena, demi etc. yet the majority of people still think the previously mentioned are way more succesful than jessie or ellie because being a succesful artist is to be bigger than your songs, and ellie never became bigger than her songs:cry2:

she deserved better:cry2:

I have no doubt though that the reason she didn't have stans is because stan culture never really got big until around 2015 :cry2: There has always been fans but stans in this day and age are a huge reason certain artists stay so popular. It's all they talk about :cry2:

But at the end of the day, we really played ourselves in letting her die out :cry2: