The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×
Move over Eurovision! COPvision is back! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
ACT2

E!: How Lady Gaga Conquered Music, Fashion and Film in Just a Decade

As a child attending an all-girls Roman Catholic school in New York, Lady Gaga was reportedly teased for being “too provocative or too eccentric.” Yet today, 10 years since she burst onto the scene with her debut album, The Fame, the 32-year-old artist’s wild creativity and offbeat flair continue to drive her unstoppable ventures into music, fashion, philanthropy and acting. Now, she’s set to expand her legacy by making her feature film acting debut in the highly anticipated remake of A Star Is Born, directed by and co-starring Bradley Cooper.

By the next year, her debut electric pop album, The Fame, and its singles “Just Dance” and “Poker Face,” firmly cemented Lady Gaga’s arrival on the music scene. Soon, she was off on tour with New Kids on the Block, opening for the group on select dates of their comeback tour. She also appeared on the boy band’s album The Block, singing on “Big Girl Now” and co-writing “Full Service.”

As Gaga’s success continued to grow, The Fame was reissued in 2009 as The Fame Monster, a double LP featuring “Bad Romance,” “Telephone” and “Alejandro.” She reflected on her exploration of fame during a 2011 interview with NME.

“There’s a lot of people who want to see me fail,” she said. “The minute they see something to shoot at, they shoot, and the bigger I become, the bigger target I am. I think back in those times the internet and the press and the paparazzi were not privy to the demise of the celebrity and now they are.”

She has also made an unarguably strong impact with her outlandish style. Having named Cher, Madonna, Alexander McQueen and Donatella Versace as her fashion influences, Gaga’s much-talked-about looks have proven the highlight of countless awards shows and red carpets, from the raw beef dress and accessories she wore to the 2010 MTV Video Music awards to the epic jacket made of Kermit the Frog dolls she donned during a German television interview in 2009. As guest editor for V fashion magazine’s 99th issue in 2016, she even nabbed the Editor of the Year award at the Fashion Los Angeles Awards.

talent won!

:trisha12:

READ THE FULL ARTICLE: https://www.etonline.com/how-lady-gaga-conquered-music-fashion-and-film-fall-preview-106993

• Upvote 1

Just now, R.E.M said:

She's just such a legend. Yes, the GP are completely over her but they love and respect her.
Madonna can't say the same.

Oh My Gaga

How? When her albums are all platinum and ALL are at least Gold pure sales in the US + ALL her singles are platinum too + her last tour was 100% sold out

That's not just LM work alone sis

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Tαβοο said:

How? When her albums are all platinum and ALL are at least Gold pure sales in the US + ALL her singles are platinum too + her last tour was 100% sold out

That's not just LM work alone sis

Fine. The American GP is done with her. But she is pretty global.