COP is back baby! Read more... ×
The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×

God

Colin Kaepernick for Nike: Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything. #JustDoIt

Just now, aahfeekiee said:

How is he problematic? Idgi

How isn't he problematic? He's caused so much controversy regarding the anthem protests. Such a polarizing figure should not be associated with a brand as a big as Nike. Not only does it show that Nike is siding with his views, it also alienates a part of their consumer base. It's just bad for business.

Just now, Black Beauty ? said:

He is NOT problematic. Wtf.

His stance on certain topics make him problematic and controversial for certain people in America, so it's not someone that Nike should have as their poster boy. Like I said in a previous post, it's bad for business.

Just now, Starboy said:

How isn't he problematic? He's caused so much controversy regarding the anthem protests. Such a polarizing figure should not be associated with a brand as a big as Nike. Not only does it show that Nike is siding with his views, it also alienates a part of their consumer base. It's just bad for business.

But being controversial isn't being problematic tho??? Is u ok henny? What has he done that actually causes systematic harm/is problematic at all?

Also I doubt Nike is taking a moral side, it's just business and they see the exposure from all the headlines Kaepernick. Don't get too pressed over it :oprahchew:

• Upvote 2

Just now, Starboy said:

His stance on certain topics make him problematic and controversial for certain people in America, so it's not someone that Nike should have as their poster boy. Like I said in a previous post, it's bad for business.

You keep walking around the point saying he his take on "certain" topics to be "problematic" but never actually explained it??? lmao you don't sound sure of what you're saying right now. Are you alright sis?

• Upvote 1

Whew! This is such a smart marketing move on behalf of Nike  - this is textbook shit! :icant:

• Numerous studies have proven that consumers will spend more money on brands they feel are 'socially conscious'.
  • Nike's core audience aren't going to be some protesting toothless hillbilly bumfuck in the middle of nowhere, but people who support Kaepernick
  • Tons of free publicity for Nike and they're gonna look woke af - the complete opposite of the Pepsi and Kendall Jenner fiasco

I stan Adidas but i gotta give Nike props for this Kris Jenner style pr tactic :krissass:

Also Kaeperbae getting paid!

• Upvote 2
  • Give a Cookie 1

You keep walking around the point saying he his take on "certain" topics to be "problematic" but never actually explained it??? lmao you don't sound sure of what you're saying right now. Are you alright sis?

Clock ha, drag ha - take her scalp :natclap:

• Upvote 2

But being controversial isn't being problematic tho??? Is u ok henny? What has he done that actually causes systematic harm/is problematic at all?

Also I doubt Nike is taking a moral side, it's just business and they see the exposure from all the headlines Kaepernick. Don't get too pressed over it :oprahchew:

Being problematic leads to controversy. He's offended thousands, possibly millions, of Americans. And Nike is definitely taking sides just by being associated with him. Companies are very partisan these days so it's not hard to imagine them wanting to be political. I'm literally not even pressed, I'm simply saying why he's problematic and why this isn't good move for Nike.

Obviously I'm not trying to get into detail because I assumed you already know what he's done. And even if you don't know what I'm talking about you can always use Google. I don't know why you're trying to talk down on me by asking if I'm okay. Do a simple google search and you'll find your answers, bye.

Just now, Disco_Stan said:

Whew! This is such a smart marketing move on behalf of Nike  - this is textbook shit! :icant:

• Numerous studies have proven that consumers will spend more money on brands they feel are 'socially conscious'

What a good way to make people forget about all the child labour they use in the sweatshops they operate :rihwink:

• Upvote 2

Just now, Starboy said:

Being problematic leads to controversy. He's offended thousands, possibly millions, of Americans. And Nike is definitely taking sides just by being associated with him. Companies are very partisan these days so it's not hard to imagine them wanting to be political. I'm literally not even pressed, I'm simply saying why he's problematic and why this isn't good move for Nike.

Obviously I'm not trying to get into detail because I assumed you already know what he's done. And even if you don't know what I'm talking about you can always use Google. I don't know why you're trying to talk down on me by asking if I'm okay. Do a simple google search and you'll find your answers, bye.

offending someone ≠ being problematic

i could tell you that your fave's music sucks donkey testicles and you'd be offended. it may make me a cunt, but it doesn't make me problematic.

he's not problematic but you keep saying he is without explaining. this bitch wants to know but you keep evading the question on the basis that I "already know what he's done" 

I want you to tell us bc none of us here know why you think Colin Kaepernick is problematic :tiara1:

• Upvote 2

What a good way to make people forget about all the child labour they use in the sweatshops they operate :rihwink:

So true. Pretend you're woke while in reality malnourished 5 year olds are making your overpriced shitty sneakers. Capitalism, eh? :oprah:

• Love 1

offending someone ≠ being problematic

he's not problematic but you keep saying he is without explaining. this bitch wants to know but you keep evading the question on the basis that I "already know what he's done" 

I want you to tell us bc none of us here know why you think Colin Kaepernick is problematic :tiara1:

He's kneeled during the anthem multiple times, which has caused so many more problems to develop from that. If he'd just be quiet and play football then there would be no problem. He's problematic, period, point, blank.

Just now, Starboy said:

He's kneeled during the anthem multiple times, which has caused so many more problems to develop from that. If he'd just be quiet and play football then there would be no problem. He's problematic, period, point, blank.

when we ask you how Colin Kaepernick is problematic, you've said

• "His stance on certain topics"
  • He's offended thousands, possibly millions, of Americans
  • I assumed you already know what he's done
  • "so many more problems"

None of these things make him a problematic person, tho? Do you know what problematic means? Because it seems like you do but you pretend not to because you don't have an argument to bring up :tiara2: what be the problems he made that makes him problematic????? Is he racist? Sexist? Homophobic? Transphobic? Classist? Ableist? Anything??? Spill it!

• Upvote 2

when we ask you how Colin Kaepernick is problematic, you've said

• "His stance on certain topics"
  • He's offended thousands, possibly millions, of Americans
  • I assumed you already know what he's done
  • "so many more problems"

None of these things make him a problematic person, tho? Do you know what problematic means? Because it seems like you do but you pretend not to because you don't have an argument to bring up :tiara2: what be the problems he made that makes him problematic????? Is he racist? Sexist? Homophobic? Transphobic? Classist? Ableist? Anything??? Spill it!

So offending a large number of people by kneeling during the anthem doesn't make someone problematic, especially when he has no place in politics? And as a result of his antics, the NFL had to place a ban on all anthem protests because it was greatly affecting ratings.