The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×
More over Eurovision! COPvision is back! Read more... ×

MSL

If you wanted to become a successful artist, what would be your biggest challenge?

What would really make you upset and feel like the industry is bullying you?

Would it be the lack of confidence your label has in you?

A SJW celebrity claiming you constantly diss celebrities even though you know it's the other way around?

Another artist taking the number one spot on your first week release thus making you number two?

A younger artist and their whole team copying your work and branding that artist as the new you even though they don't do half the work you've done?

or maybe just a stranger on the Internet saying some lyrics you wrote sound offensive in their opinion?

Discuss hunties

• Upvote 2

Just now, MSL said:

What would really make you upset and feel like the industry is bullying you?

Nope. I mean it is pretty much systematic bullying, but it's also a much more nuanced how the industry goes about with their mob tactics to silence people. Putting things in perspective, me as an individual getting oppressed by the industry I work for doesn't seem so big.

Just now, MSL said:

Would it be the lack of confidence your label has in you?

Usually the "lack of confidence" labels have is not because they don't trust the artist; just the industry is a business and people want to maximize profits and minimize risks. In most cases I kinda understand even though I may personally disagree with the decision.

Just now, MSL said:

A SJW celebrity claiming you constantly diss celebrities even though you know it's the other way around?

I don't think this even is it. In general the era of social media creates an environment of self-affirming falsehoods. Most celebrities (especially old-timers) agree that this is a really really big problem for them; more s than music piracy. Once people make shit up about you it's hard to control where those rumours go and convince peopel otherwise. 

Just now, MSL said:

Another artist taking the number one spot on your first week release thus making you number two?

A younger artist and their whole team copying your work and branding that artist as the new you even though they don't do half the work you've done?

:kelly: idk who this means but it sounds like a kii

Just now, MSL said:

or maybe just a stranger on the Internet saying some lyrics you wrote sound offensive in their opinion?

There are bigger things in life than what people's personal feelings towards something. Anyone can feel offended at something but whether you can justify that and prove something to cause systematic harm in society, that's another thing. I doubt I'll be bothered with that tho.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Winter Bird said:

My biggest challenge would be the interviews and performing. I suffer from social anxiety and have zero social skills thanks to that so it would be hard to have to perform in front of hundreds of people or talking on interviews etc.

Me 2 omg in interviews people would assume im stupid lol

My inability to keep my opinions to myself or taking any sort of direction I considered unnecessary, unhelpful or irritating (even if that wasn’t the case). :yikes: So stubborn with a big, opinionated mouth that has trouble taking direction.

performing in front of others, red carpet, stuff with alot of people, i hate being the center of attention and be in crowded places, i'm much better with my boring as life. 

• Upvote 1