COP is back baby! Read more... ×
The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
idol of roses

A New Album Every Day For A Year: Challenge

Starting today, September 3, 2018, I will be listening to at least one album a day until September 3, 2019.

The purpose of this:

Despite being a self proclaimed music aficionado, I found myself not as knowledgeable in music as I'd like to be. Not mainstream, nor underground. I'm only aware of a small portion from both sides and I wanna change that.

The rules are that there are no rules besides the obvious which is listening to at least one album a day for a whole year. It can be any genre, any language, any time period, studio albums, compilations, soundtracks, etc.

Tbh I'm only posting this here because I needed to document it somewhere but you're all welcome to suggest a favorite album of yours that you think I'd enjoy :entrance:

Spoiler

@ moderators i'm not sure if this is the right section for this topic/game/challenge so if you see it fit in a different section, feel free to move it

• Upvote 2

day one / 180903

Spoiler

first impression:

ngl i went into this thinking he was just yet another white guy with an acoustic guitar but i was proved wrong right off the bat with the opening track (not the intro which i thought served absolutely no purpose besides making this album overstay its welcome along with the interlude) which i enjoyed thoroughly but everything went downhill from there. to put it in short the album's mixing got grating at times and made the whole thing a tough listen, the choir in every other song was not needed in the slightest along with the effects he's putting on his vocals which i know is only for stylistic purposes but doesn't make it less annoying and predictable, and it was overall an under written album

rating: 2/5

fav track: wasted on each other

least fav: pink lemonade 

• Upvote 2