COP is back baby! Read more... ×
The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
DictatorIndie

Have you ever REALLY fucked up at work?

So i was watching this video (pilots flew off course for 150 miles and were about to get the plane gunned down by fighter jets and subsequently got their pilot licences permanently revoked) and it brought me back to a memory of about 8 years ago and it was one of my first jobs at a bottle shop. I had just started as a night shift manager and I was in charge of counting money and locking up at end of night. I arrived the next day to find the owner there waiting for me and he told me to come chat with him in the office. I knew something was up already and i was thinking "fuck what did i do". It turns out I had left the shop completely open (the front door unlocked) all night. Literally anyone could've gone in and cased the place without technically breaking in. I didn't get fired and there were no consequences thankfully but after that you can bet I checked to make sure that door was locked TEN TIMES before i left sksksk. 

• Upvote 8

When I was still interning for a fashion design firm (I did the logistics and inventory stuff) I was counting stock on a stepladder when my shirt tugged on to the corner of the shelf. I fell off the stepladder, the entire shelf tilted and a lot of fabric dye came spilling on me zzzzz my skin had obvious red & blue undertones for about a week and a half.

I ddin't face any other consequences and they sent someone to fix the faulty shelf and helped me get changed.

• Upvote 3

Just now, aahfeekiee said:

When I was still interning for a fashion design firm (I did the logistics and inventory stuff) I was counting stock on a stepladder when my shirt tugged on to the corner of the shelf. I fell off the stepladder, the entire shelf tilted and a lot of fabric dye came spilling on me zzzzz my skin had obvious red & blue undertones for about a week and a half.

I ddin't face any other consequences and they sent someone to fix the faulty shelf and helped me get changed.

Oh god this also reminds me i used to work for a food delivery service and one time i was carrying a box of 20 food containers and i tripped on wet grass and every single one of them was ruined. The boss was right near me and was so rude, called me a "fucking idiot" and didn't even check to see if i was OK. I should've sued his ass.

:kikiki: 

• Upvote 4

Just now, ReprehensibleRoach said:

Oh god this also reminds me i used to work for a food delivery service and one time i was carrying a box of 20 food containers and i tripped on wet grass and every single one of them was ruined. The boss was right near me and was so rude, called me a "fucking idiot" and didn't even check to see if i was OK. I should've sued his ass.

Something like that happened to me once. My first day working at a fast food I dropped 3 sodas on the floor and it was a mess. The manager got so angry at me, he couldn't even look me in the eyes or talk to me after that. I literally started crying because I was so embarrassed. :shookga:

• Upvote 1

Just now, ReprehensibleRoach said:

when i worked in retail and hospitality they'd hold people accountable for the most trivial mistakes??? like when i worked in holiday inn my housekeeping coworker got charged one night room's stay for not replacing the kettle. apparently the guest wanted to change to a different room just because the electric kettle didnt work instead of just... getting a replacement kettle.

we were always getting like 28+ rooms per shift so that's like $2 per room? he'd have to clean over a hundred rooms just to cover the cost of the mistake of not replacing a kettle that, it's not our job to check anyway bc we don't have the fucking time to

the supervisors were cunts for not standing up for him tbh

• Upvote 2

Ooh let me think about this one. (I worked at many jobs also as a intern) I made animals escape from their shelter. (oop)

I once closed the petting zoo I volunteered at closing time. I really was sure everybody went home so I closed everything. When I was on my way home I discovered there was still a kid inside :laughcry: 

• Upvote 5

Just now, Dirkje said:

Ooh let me think about this one. (I worked at many jobs also as a intern) I made animals escape from their shelter. (oop)

I once closed the petting zoo I volunteered at closing time. I really was sure everybody went home so I closed everything. When I was on my way home I discovered there was still a kid inside :laughcry: 

omg poor kid :shookga:

Just now, Winter Bird said:

omg poor kid :shookga:

Ikr? It was embarrassing. I mean we always made sure we warned every visitor when it was almost closing time. But this kid forgot!

We did open the doors and let him out of course. But it was a lesson for all of us to be careful lol 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Dirkje said:

Queen of trying to get animals back to their natural habitat!

• Upvote 2

I was once on a movie set and during a scene break I was doing the whip (it was 2015 smh) with my co-actors and while walking backwatds I walked into the filming lights and they fell altho luckily they didn’t break:rip:

the director’s head was red and he screamed at me for like 3 minutes straight

Just now, demimaniac said:

I was once on a movie set and during a scene break I was doing the whip (it was 2015 smh) with my co-actors and while walking backwatds I walked into the filming lights and they fell altho luckily they didn’t break:rip:

Good evidence for why you should never ever do the whip or nae nae. :waxga:

Just now, demimaniac said:

sis what?  you'er an actor? 

Just now, Maren Swift said:

Good evidence for why you should never ever do the whip or nae nae. :waxga:

lmao yeah the director was screaming ”this is a movie set not a fucking dance studio”

Just now, shmeur said:

sis what?  you'er an actor? 

i acted in a few things and was one of the main characters in a hollywood horror film but I decided not to pursue it

• Upvote 1