The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×
Move over Eurovision! COPvision is back! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
Pixelated Kunt

How would you survive when living on your own?

Besides getting a Job (obviously) do you guys have any plans/methods you'll be using when you finally have your own place? 

(If you live on your own, you can spill your ways too)

Spoiler

For me I want to:

Go Vegan

Limit my use of electricity and gas (only use when necessary) 

Find a personal hobby within the household to consume time 

Make a schedule (my OCD ass always breaks when I forget something)

I'd say you need to be really organized.

Like, on your own, you need to shop/cook/wash your clothes/ wash the dishes .... So pretty much, don't procrastinate or it'll get messy really quickly. Get good habits from the start :p

• Upvote 1

I live on my own.

Its nice, I love it. Yes its hard working because everything your parents used to do (cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc) is now your task.

I get to eat whenever I want and when I want. If I dont feel hungry at 6PM, I'll eat at 7PM no problem.

Also getting ready for work is totally my responsibility. If I oversleep, there isnt my Mom who wakes me up anymore. Then I gotta call my boss I'm coming later. 

I do feel lonely sometimes though. But thats why I'm on COP so often. 

But it does feel normal to me now. I live for 2,5 years on my own now and all is doing just fine!

• Upvote 2

Always wash your dishes right away, never let them pile up. Get into the habit of cooking enough to save leftovers. As long as you always have water, juice and eggs in your fridge you won’t die.

Become besties with the friend that lives closest to you, pretend you always overdrink at partys, and have ha drive you to them. Eventually they’ll get into the habit of driving you everywhere and you’ll save on gas.

Always keep in mind that you have to pay your bills. Keep tabs on how much you’re spending so you can autolimit yourselves.

If you have a good relationship with your parents, find any excuse to accompany them to the mall every once in a while. Chances are they’ll buy you something even if you “insist” you don’t need them to.

Find a low cost hobby to do outside your place so that you don’t feel caged. I go jogging. Stay on COP, just reading and replying to forum post is enough interaction to make you not go crazy. 

Have an assign day for bathroom cleaning cuz nobody likes a nasty bathroom and everyone remembers it.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Diomedes said:

Always wash your dishes right away, never let them pile up. Get into the habit of cooking enough to save leftovers. As long as you always have water, juice and eggs in your fridge you won’t die.

Become besties with the friend that lives closest to you, pretend you always overdrink at partys, and have ha drive you to them. Eventually they’ll get into the habit of driving you everywhere and you’ll save on gas.

Always keep in mind that you have to pay your bills. Keep tabs on how much you’re spending so you can autolimit yourselves.

If you have a good relationship with your parents, find any excuse to accompany them to the mall every once in a while. Chances are they’ll buy you something even if you “insist” you don’t need them to.

Find a low cost hobby to do outside your place so that you don’t feel caged. I go jogging. Stay on COP, just reading and replying to forum post is enough interaction to make you not go crazy. 

Have an assign day for bathroom cleaning cuz nobody likes a nasty bathroom and everyone remembers it.

That's evil.

Just now, Diaboliq said:

That's evil.

Why? You’ll be upping your friend’s sense of self worth by letting them know you depend on ha. Plus it’s a two way street and fair because now that friend is your ride or die; ain’t nobody messing with mah bestie.

:gunga:

Just now, neonnights said:

My motto is that if you want to live like a king, then you have to work like a dog. And creating a budget goes a long way too of course. Also, get a room/housemate. 

oh yeah i forgot about roommates, I can split the payment of the bills if they'll be living under the same roof