COP is back baby! Read more... ×
The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
Swagga

Has Ariana peaked ?

"Sweetener" era seems like her "BTW" era (no disrespect to Gaga ofc). The album was not that great, most of this era's success is frontloaded, mostly due to how successful DW was. 90% of her fanbase seems to be Twitter twinks and underage girls. Not to say that's bad, but she kind of alienated the GP this era. Needless to say that according to her manager, this era would define her as an accomplished artist (nn). Do you think Ariana Grande-Butera-Davidson has already peaked ? tbh I think she peaked during ME success-wise, and DW quality-wise.

What about you ? xx :paris:

• Upvote 3

Just now, Tattooed Heart said:

If she's peaking why is she still getting hits and STRONGER album sales than before? Doubling DW's first week streams in the second week of sweetener :nickiawkward:

The obsession :nickiawkward:

I wouldn't brag about those sales sis, "Sweetener" was front loaded af; 89% DROP :methney:

At least DW served longevity and consistency, which is more than I can say for the other one.  :ariscared:

Just now, Swagga said:

I wouldn't brag about those sales sis, "Sweetener" was front loaded af; 89% DROP :methney:

At least DW served longevity and consistency, which is more than I can say for the other one.  :ariscared:

127m to 109m streams isn't consistent. Got it! :cm:

Just now, Swagga said:

selling +200k to 10k in the span of two weeks ain't consistent, that's for damn sure :cm:

Wait :rip: You think she sold 200k FW then 10k the second week? 

Sis........

:nickicackle:

Just now, Swagga said:

Don't freak out about that typo sis. Thanks for pointing it out tho. But it's still not smth I would call consistent :cm:

Well, since her streams (where she's getting most of her sales now) are consistent, I'd say that's consistent :cm:

Well, since her streams (where she's getting most of her sales now) are consistent, I'd say that's consistent :cm:

consistency
kənˈsɪst(ə)nsi/
noun
  1. 1.
    consistent behaviour or treatment.
    "the consistency of measurement techniques"

89% DROP =/= consistency :cm:

Well if you keep on treating pop girls like fashion items you'll always find something out of season.
Maybe try giving pop girls more room to breathe and experiment with music instead of expecting something produced by Max Martin lol

• Upvote 1

Just now, Swagga said:
consistency
kənˈsɪst(ə)nsi/
noun
  1. 1.
    consistent behaviour or treatment.
    "the consistency of measurement techniques"

89% DROP =/= consistency :cm:

I never said she was consistent in pure sales, I said consistent overall. Sure her pure sales took a drop but you act like that means much. If her streams stay strong then that’s all that matters :whereisit:

I never said she was consistent in pure sales, I said consistent overall. Sure her pure sales took a drop but you act like that means much. If her streams stay strong then that’s all that matters :whereisit:

She can't be consistent overall (as you said) if she's not consistent in both streaming AND pure sales. :nickiprague2: