The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×
More over Eurovision! COPvision is back! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
Swagga

Sweetener... what went wrong ?

Ariana Grande-Butera-Davidson's 4th album studio "Sweetener" came out on August 17th, but it wasn't what her fans quite expected from her, especially after the very well recieved DW. The Pharrell-produced tracks left many of us (people with taste and good sense) confused. I think it is safe to say that those with some decency agree that it is her worst album to date. "God is a woman" wasn't quite the smash hit everyone anticipated, peaking at number 9 on the Billboard Hot 100. The album didn't survive on the charts either, suffering from a 89% drop on its second week only. The VMA performance was quickly forgotten as well. Needless to say that Ariana's manager claimed that this album will be her most memorable and mature yet, and that this era would define Miss Davidson as an artist, in the same league as the greatest voices like Whitney and Mariah. What went wrong with the Sweetener era ? Was it because of how "experimental" the album sounded ? Was it because of ha stans overhyping their "main pop girl" ? Discuss. :arieducating:

• Upvote 1

Guest IsThatSaraS

I still love and listen to the album :dafuq:

Spoiler

Successful is the worst song on there

Sweetener is her best album. This is definitely her style, she dragged DW and ME a couple days ago, she clearly likes this music the best and I like it too :cm:

89% drop is bad but it's pure sales, only people who stan stars who are 100 years old care about that :cm:

70k is still good for second week and she'll serve longevity as most streaming albums do, seethe :cm:

• Upvote 5

Just now, Swagga said:

Ariana Grande-Butera-Davidson's 4th album studio "Sweetener" came out on August 17th, but it wasn't what her fans quite expected from her, especially after the very well recieved DW. The Pharrell-produced tracks left many of us (people with taste and good sense) confused. I think it is safe to say that those with some decency agree that it is her worst album to date. "God is a woman" wasn't quite the smash hit everyone anticipated, peaking at number 9 on the Billboard Hot 100. The album didn't survive on the charts either, suffering from a 89% drop on its second week only. The VMA performance was quickly forgotten as well. Needless to say that Ariana's manager claimed that this album will be her most memorable and mature yet, and that this era would define Miss Davidson as an artist, in the same league as the greatest voices like Whitney and Mariah. What went wrong with the Sweetener era ? Was it because of how "experimental" the album sounded ? Was it because of ha stans overhyping their "main pop girl" ? Discuss. :arieducating:

Let me ask u a question how many POP artists in 2018 are having a #3 and #9 hit? and selling over 220k first week??

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Isn’t it already at 800M streams. After 2 weeks? 89% in PURE SALES. The year is 2018. :rip: 232k to another 70k this week. Leave her, sis. She’s doing perfectly fine.

• Upvote 6

Just now, Ares said:

Isn’t it already at 800M streams. After 2 weeks? 89% in PURE SALES. The year is 2018. :rip: 232k to another 70k this week. Leave her, sis. She’s doing perfectly fine.

h8ers cant accept that their faves are over

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tattooed Heart said:

Sweetener is her best album. This is definitely her style, she dragged DW and ME a couple days ago, she clearly likes this music the best and I like it too :cm:

89% drop is bad but it's pure sales, only people who stan stars who are 100 years old care about that :cm:

70k is still good for second week and she'll serve longevity as most streaming albums do, seethe :cm:

That type of music being what she wanted doesn't necessarily mean the final product is great. Tbh it's just a desperate attempt at RnB and most of us agree that the album is the definition of lazy and messy production. Most of the songs lack quality production. Ari and Pharrell go together like nails on a chalkboard, God Is A Woman remains the most dominant track on the album but still fails to live up to its potential. :cm:

Onika's second week outsold Ari's and the former is apparently in her flop era and being sabotaged. :cm:

Idk about you but I wouldn't brag about that longevity you speak of, considering the album is free falling. 89% DROP.

And I'm not seething honey, maybe you should just get rid of that sheep mentality of yours. :cm:

Just now, Swagga said:

That type of music being what she wanted doesn't necessarily mean the final product is great. Tbh it's just a desperate attempt at RnB and most of us agree that the album is the definition of lazy and messy production. Most of the songs lack quality production. Ari and Pharrell go together like nails on a chalkboard, God Is A Woman remains the most dominant track on the album but still fails to live up to its potential. :cm:

Onika's second week outsold Ari's and the former us apparently in her flop era and being sabotaged. :cm:

Idk bout you but I wouldn't brag about that longevity you speak of, considering the album is free falling. 89% DROP.

And I'm not seething honey, maybe you should just get rid of that sheep mentality of yours. :cm:

if the album is so terrible why did critics not pan it?

To me it just sounds like if Gwen Stefani and Pharrell collabed in 2018 and Ariana tried to sing it, with the obvious Max Martin production but putting trap in the mix so it sounds new, it's really not as groundbreaking as some people think it is but whatever, Ariana stans hype up everything and I bet half of them don't even like the album and just pretend to cuz there delicate.mp3 :cm:

• Upvote 2

Just now, Swagga said:

Onika's second week outsold Ari's and the former is apparently in her flop era and being sabotaged. :cm:

Idk about you but I wouldn't brag about that longevity you speak of, considering the album is free falling. 89% DROP.

It's not a desperate attempt though, almost all the songs are good :cm:

Do you not realize that Nicki added Fefe to her album. Like 20k of her units are JUST from Fefe, if it wasn't added (no shade to nicki) but her album would be much lower on sales and the charts :cm:

The album is serving longevity, streaming is the future, and she's serving longevity. She broke cardi's streaming record for the second week I believe which means LOTS of people are still listening. :cm:

4 threads about ariana in a week, I'd say you're seething :cm: