COP is back baby! Read more... ×
The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
Pixelated Kunt

China wants to limit screen time for kids to 1 hour per day

Just now, idol of roses said:

don’t see the problem. one hour is enough and there’s plenty of other ways to have fun besides practicing violence :allyfan:

I've shot virtual hookers with rocket launchers all my life and I've been fine sweetie :allyfan:

Kids will be fine whether it's an hour or all day. But for it to be a mandatory rule?? Is that necessary? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, idol of roses said:

don’t see the problem. one hour is enough and there’s plenty of other ways to have fun besides practicing violence :allyfan:

i honestly never believed this statement of video games encouraging violence on kids.

sure we get mad when we die in a game or lose it but there's no way we can be violent like how these games bring to us 

Just now, barbiej33p said:

Might as well tattoo I hate Fun on their foreheads at this point :nickifake:

I sort of dont see an issue with this but i do think this rule should only apply to kids who do have a serious video game addiction or might potentially get one while those that dont can go about their business

also 1 hour is definitely too short, 4-6 hours is fine at least. western audiences should definitely take notes from this

China plans to do a lot of things, to get headlines in the West. But truth is, this these things are really hard to enforce. In the case of screentime for gaming children, there'll always be ways around it. The same way Chinese people routinely find new ways to get around China's ban of Google, Twitter and YouTube. 

At the end of the day, how much time a child spends on gaming will inevitably be up to the parents to decide. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pixelated Kunt said:

I sort of dont see an issue with this but i do think this rule should only apply to kids who do have a serious video game addiction or might potentially get one while those that dont can go about their business

also 1 hour is definitely too short, 4-6 hours is fine at least. western audiences should definitely take notes from this

I think 2-3 hours is ideal but I do think being outside and exploring different hobbies is important for children too

• Upvote 1