COP is back baby! Read more... ×
The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
DictatorIndie

Gaga offered multiple roles and an increased pay to star in 'Birds of Prey'

After months of speculation and rumors, Birds of Prey is finally looking to cast the main heroes. Warners Bros. is aiming high in this department as they’ve now offered singer/actress Lady Gaga a leading role in the film…if she takes it.

Three weeks ago, I shared on my Twitter account after I heard from a very reliable source that Lady Gaga was offered a role in WB’s Birds of Prey almost three months ago, but turned it down. However, it seems WB isn’t giving up on Gaga and today I’ve heard another offer was made, and this time for a lot more money. As for which part did they offer, they want her to take on the role of either Black Canary or Huntress.

There is a buzz surrounding Gaga at the moment as her new movie, A Star Is Born, is set to release in October. The actress is said to have an incredible performance alongside co-star and director Bradley Cooper.

Birds of Prey will see Margot Robbie reprise her role of Harley Quinn. She will be joined by Black Canary, Huntress, Renee Montoya, and Cassandra Cain. The group of heroines will face off against popular Batman villain Black Mask.

It was reported earlier this month that WB had a shortlist for Birds of Prey that included Vanessa Kirby, Alexandra Daddario, and Blake Lively for the roles of Black Canary and Huntress, so it seems the studio is planning to move in another direction with Gaga now possibly in the fold.

Representatives at Warner Brothers declined to comment on the story.

At this point, it’s not clear if Gaga will take the offer now that more money is on the table but it’s likely. Stay tuned for updates. What do you guys think of the idea of Lady Gaga in either of these roles? Let us know by tweeting us at SuperBroMovies. – DanielRPK

Directed by Cathy Yan, with a script by Christina Hodson and starring Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn. Filming is expected to begin on January 15th in Los Angeles. A release date for Birds of Prey has yet to be made official.

https://superbromovies.com/2018/08/30/exclusive-lady-gaga-offered-multiple-roles-increased-pay-for-birds-of-prey/

• Upvote 1

Just now, Believe In Furler said:

If she stoops down low to a superhero movie, she's cancelled :oprahbath:

for stans yes, for the go no

it would be a great career move for her, superhero movies are humangous with huge budgets and it would get the gp to take gaga seriously as an actress and would probably lead to her getting more big roles in blockbusters

tbh i think she should do it, she’d make a great black canary

• Upvote 6

Just now, Treacherous Lovatic said:

She should do it. I'd love to see Margot and Gaga work together.

this also^

Just now, Drewbby said:

i would be totally down for this. I hope she takes the job tbh; but won’t that interfere with Enigma?

i didn’t even think of that, if this movie is filmed the first of 2019, it totally overlaps

altho if WB is trying this hard to get her, I’m sure they’d be more than happy to match the filming dates on days that she is not rehearsing/performing, otherwise they probably wouldn’t have offered it to her in the first place 

• Upvote 1

Just now, demimaniac said:

for stans yes, for the go no

it would be a great career move for her, superhero movies are humangous with huge budgets and it would get the gp to take gaga seriously as an actress and would probably lead to her getting more big roles in blockbusters

tbh i think she should do it, she’d make a great black canary

any actor who stoops down low into a superhero movie gets taken less seriously (IMO ofc) - It's very easy for a new-ish actor to get stuck in the trap

Just now, Believe In Furler said:

any actor who stoops down low into a superhero movie gets taken less seriously (IMO ofc) - It's very easy for a new-ish actor to get stuck in the trap

yes, but even though gaga is relatively new in acting, she has already established herself in the eyes of the gp

when new actresses/actors have their first huge introduction to the gp in a horror movie/superhero movie, yes they usually get stuck in that genre

bur look at margot robbie - she was already established but after suicide squad she’s become more popular than ever and has received huge leads in acclaimed films

a big budget superhero movie would be perfect for gaga to get her foot in in the movie industry

• Upvote 1

this is like 2 weeks old news

anyways she turned it down altho i want her to play poison ivy in the new Harley quin movie

or dazzler (from the marvel universe)

LadyGaga_VS_Dazzler_hero_1920x1080.jpg

godga wants a bigger check

xoxo, Greedy Bitch

ff4cd9c384ba68bd8c9ea4f7ca420995.gif

2 hours ago, Drewbby said:

i would be totally down for this. I hope she takes the job tbh; but won’t that interfere with Enigma?

2 hours ago, Treacherous Lovatic said:

She should do it. I'd love to see Margot and Gaga work together.

she turned it down