The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×
Move over Eurovision! COPvision is back! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
Pixelated Kunt

Is "Cancel Culture" even a thing?

Just now, Tattooed Heart said:

If we're being honest, how often is an artist actually "cancelled" when stans try shit? It never works kii :lmfao:

exactly, people been saying this about azealia for years now but she still got the gays by her side :rip:

• Upvote 1

To answer your question @Pixelated Kunt, it's a thing as in, it's a real trend. In theory you're supposed to stop supporting someone if they do some problematic shit. That way when the money stops coming in they'll "change their ways" and be less of a dick. Makes sense, right?

Of course, in the real world, woke twitter isn't that huge of a music market anyway, and they don't really influence the spending decisions of the general public. The only artist that cancel culture has been able to successfully take out is xxxtesticle. I haven't heard music from him in a good while... thinking_pepe__by_patricioz-dc567y2.jpg

• Upvote 4

Just now, aahfeekiee said:

To answer your question @Pixelated Kunt, it's a thing as in, it's a real trend. In theory you're supposed to stop supporting someone if they do some problematic shit. That way when the money stops coming in they'll "change their ways" and be less of a dick. Makes sense, right?

Of course, in the real world, woke twitter isn't that huge of a music market anyway, and they don't really influence the spending decisions of the general public. The only artist that cancel culture has been able to successfully take out is xxxtesticle. I haven't heard music from him in a good while... thinking_pepe__by_patricioz-dc567y2.jpg

:trisha6: :natclap:

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pixelated Kunt said:

I wouldn't say Iggy is cancelled. the GP just dont care about her anymore 

tbh... she would've flopped even without some angsty wokeity woke teenagers on twt cancelling her. :cm:

Just now, aahfeekiee said:

dd not xxxtesticle :laughcry:

Still nah, he's pretty famous and has a lot of stans despite all of the crimes he committed, and his death only made him more popular, especially among teens and he basically brought that uglee soundcloud rap genre to the mainstream.

He's FAR from being cancelled (unfortunately)

• Upvote 1

Just now, Swagga said:

dd not xxxtesticle :laughcry:

Still nah, he's pretty famous and has a lot of stans despite all of the crimes he committed, and his death only made him more popular, especially among teens and he basically brought that uglee soundcloud rap genre to the mainstream.

He's FAR from being cancelled (unfortunately)

the purpose of cancelling is to make sure that the artist can't continue making music and being problematic, I think?

our objectives are met! we did it sjw woketeers! lets virtue autofellate 

It’s a thing but I don’t think it’s super effective. :nickigaycat:

Its also annoying to a degree since I feel people who should get cancelled are people who are actual rapist/racist/homophobes but usually they’re victims are people who did something ignorant when they were 15 and apologized for it but whatever, just my onion.