The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×
Move over Eurovision! COPvision is back! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
Swagga

Black girl forced to leave school because of braided hair

Just now, Dirkje said:

Disgusting! People should be able to wear whatever they want in school. Its about learning. 

I’m so glad that I never even had to wear a uniform. 

Um no they shouldnt. School is for learning, it's not a fashion parade. Kids with a uniform look are far less likely to. be bullied and far more likely to get a better education instead of focusing on what they're going to wear to school all the time.

Just now, Dangerous Woman said:

People can’t wear their hair in braids in school? :whereisit: America is so backwards. You should be able to wear what you want and style your hair how you want, like what :rip: 

It’s been banned in Australian schools along with makeup, , dyed hair, jewellery and what ever else for ages... I agree with it. 

Just now, ReprehensibleRoach said:

It’s been banned in Australian schools along with makeup, , dyed hair, jewellery and what ever else for ages... I agree with it. 

How long has it been since you were in school :rip: Literally NONE of these things are banned sksksks

Um no they shouldnt. School is for learning, it's not a fashion parade. Kids with a uniform look are far less likely to. be bullied and far more likely to get a better education instead of focusing on what they're going to wear to school all the time.

I never wore a uniform in any school I was on. And my grades are just fine. 

Also I got bullied for my autism, not for the clothes I used to wear.

Braids were banned at the school i went too as well... and it was 99% white :laughcry:

Non story sis. 

unnecessary comment

OT: the way the student wears their hair shouldn't affect the way she's learning ... totally some BS 

The fuck are some schools so restrictive? I went to a Christian Private school with uniforms and the only restrictions was that boys needed to shave their facial and their hair couldn’t go past chin length. And for girls no multiple piercings in one ear and skirts below their knees. But everyone was allowed to style their hair however they wanted, it’s just hair!

• Upvote 3

This is so heartbreaking. But did y'all saw the teacher/ person in charge skin color :whereisit:

I hope the girl found a better school that accepts whatever hairstyle she got because this is hideous.

• Upvote 2

Guest IsThatSaraS

Unless those braids are magically linked to her brain, causing her to get bad grades, or cause trouble in school; then she should be allowed to have them.

And uniforms suck.

I had to wear them in primary and high school;

and with the new head teacher at the high school, everyone has to wear blazers at all times, and can’t wear coats during the winter, so they’re pretty much gonna freeze to death every day.... :lanaeyeroll:

Um no they shouldnt. School is for learning, it's not a fashion parade. 

Who said braids are for fashion tho? Also uniforms don't define your education, it's your choice how you want to proceed it 

OT: Disgusting 

Just now, IsThatSaraS said:

with the new head teacher at the high school, everyone has to wear blazers at all times, and can’t wear coats during the winter, so they’re pretty much gonna freeze to death every day.... :lanaeyeroll:

this was my school as well and my head teacher was very strict as well, we can't even take off our blazers when it's hot :rip: