The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×
Move over Eurovision! COPvision is back! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
IsThatKingdieSlaying

If Sam Smith made more music like "Omen", "Latch" & "No Promises" would the gays stan?

Just now, ReprehensibleRoach said:

I think Sam's collabs with other artists especially dance artists/DJs is so much better than his snorefest solo shit. He gives me modern day George Michael vibes. His voice is SUBERB on dance tracks.

Whereas his solo music is a total snoozefest to me.

Thoughts? 

George Michael sweetie... :whereisit:

• Upvote 5

Just now, Black Beauty ? said:

If he was stereotypically hot, the gays would be all over him. His music is not the problem imo.

this, but i agree with the more upbeat songs bit.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Swagga said:

George Michael sweetie... :whereisit:

OK yeah that was a bit of a stretch but no one these days compares to the greats/legends of the 80s and 90s. But i would say his voice and those songs in the OP that i listed are the closest we've come to a George Michael of the modern times.

• Upvote 1

I must be the only one who likes Sam's albums as well as his dance tracks, honey when Sam does a dance track he does a DANCE. TRACK, he does it properly to a way better standard than your average singer.

But I think the gays don't stan not because his music is more slow but lowkey the fact he's not like a sex icon or deemed "hot" in that stereotypical way that gays make up, pretty fucking stupid because all that should matter is the music but people like an image these days too :cm:

• Upvote 3

Just now, AngryAzalean said:

I must be the only one who likes Sam's albums as well as his dance tracks, honey when Sam does a dance track he does a DANCE. TRACK, he does it properly to a way better standard than your average singer.

But I think the gays don't stan not because his music is more slow but lowkey the fact he's not like a sex icon or deemed "hot" in that stereotypical way that gays make up, pretty fucking stupid because all that should matter is the music but people like an image these days too :cm:

I like Sam albums to even few of the dance ones to - he had 1 with naughty boy track (I heard little of debut especially singles related). Its just I still prefer Adam to these other "gay out" artists tho. I sort of liked what you told me before its just he deserved influence more than Sam in a way 

• Upvote 1

Just now, life13swift said:

I like Sam albums to even few of the dance ones to - he had 1 with naughty boy track (I heard little of debut especially singles related). Its just I still prefer Adam to these other "gay out" artists tho. I sort of liked what you told me before its just he deserved influence more than Sam in a way 

That's very true, Adam probably didn't have as much success because hes a lot campier than Sam, I do believe that completely :cm:

• Upvote 1

He has a really great voice, and there's no denying that. I like a lot of his music. As a person, though? He's just kind of dull.

Plus, there was no real hit on his last album. TGAG did really well, but to me, there was no "Stay with Me" or "Not the only one" that just clicks when you hear it.

I love Latch and Omen. He should do more songs like that.