Guest messiah

I saw Eminem and P!nk... I like you. 

Welcome to COP!!!

How do you feel about Sia... and LSD.

Just now, raja said:

I saw Eminem and P!nk... I like you. 

Welcome to COP!!!

How do you feel about Sia... and LSD.

You know, I have to admit, I have not listened to a ton of Sia. I know enough of her to have vague opinions, but you can't have a strong opinion about an artist until you've heard all of their work. I have only heard some of her work and I liked what I heard. I am interested in the LSD collaboration though because I like Diplo, they've worked together on a song called Elastic Heart and the new release Genius is catchy. Sadly, I think it's going to be an uphill battle for them to get heavy coverage on US radio, but that isn't on them, that's on US radio. Some of the greatest songs ever written don't get any airplay. Ariana and Troye's new collaboration didn't even make the hot 100 and it should have been top 20 easy, imho. 

Just now, neonnights said:

Wow! Another Hole and Fiona Apple fan. Welcome @musicblind

Yes! Have you heard Courtney Love's acoustic demo album that was leaked before they released Nobody's Daughter? It was so much better than what was released. Not that Nobody's Daughter wasn't great, but Courtney's original concept of stripped down/acoustic punk songs was kind of brilliant. I hate she re-recorded the songs in a more traditional style. If you haven't heard that demo album. You should. That version of Pacific Coast Highway made me cry when I first heard it. 

And Fiona is everything. Though, when it comes to demo versions of albums, I actually preferred the official release of Extraordinary Machine over the original demo version. Waltz (Better Than Fine) is one of my favorite songs. It's the perfect thing to listen to when you sit on the lawn and do nothing. ;)

• Upvote 2

Just now, musicblind said:

Yes! Have you heard Courtney Love's acoustic demo album that was leaked before they released Nobody's Daughter? It was so much better than what was released. Not that Nobody's Daughter wasn't great, but Courtney's original concept of stripped down/acoustic punk songs was kind of brilliant. I hate she re-recorded the songs in a more traditional style. If you haven't heard that demo album. You should. That version of Pacific Coast Highway made me cry when I first heard it. 

And Fiona is everything. Though, when it comes to demo versions of albums, I actually preferred the official release of Extraordinary Machine over the original demo version. Waltz (Better Than Fine) is one of my favorite songs. It's the perfect thing to listen to when you sit on the lawn and do nothing. ;)

Oh yes! I’ve been a big fan of Hole & Courtney’s solo music for years. On my old laptop and iPod, I have every demo from the ND’s sessions, which I agree, were much better than the finished product. Nobody’s Daughter had great lyrics, but some of the songs on that album sounded overproduced. Celebrity Skin remains my favorite of their discography. 

And Tidal is my fave Fiona release. Although I love love LOVE her cover of Why Try to Change Me Now

Just now, MISS CAMARADERIE said:

welcome to cop legend :myjam:

been awhile since ive seen anyone talk about red hot chili peppers i used to listen to them a lot when i was younger

what's ur fave lana album/song? 

Omg, I was just listening to BSSM by RHCP over the weekend lol. Daddy John Frusciante could slash my throat during sex and I’d still stan his ass

• Upvote 1

Just now, Heartsigh said:

Omg i see you respect metal, punk and all genres ♡ welcome king of taste :denislove:  

im a huge metalcore fan, do you listen to some of that? Good genre :) a few coppers r slowing listening to that too lately 

Aw, thank you! It depends on what you mean by metalcore. I know there is some disagreement in there. I listen to Bullet For My Valentine. I love their drums. As Marilyn Manson once said, "Drumbeats that don't confuse strippers."

I know they said they wanted to collaborate with Metallica, right? That would be cool.

I think it's awesome you listen to metal, punk, etc. Music is about emotion and those are genres dedicated to intense emotion.

• Upvote 1

Hey guys, I'm a music fan in general. I play three instruments, went to an arts school, all that stuff. I was told this was a great form for music lovers and so I joined. 

I like everything from Janis Ian in the 60's/70's to Madonna in the 80's, Nirvana in the 90's, Green Day in the early 2000's, to Panic! At The Disco, Troye Sivan, and Lady Gaga. My musical taste makes little sense. I love Radiohead, but I also love Avicii (May he RIP).

I love folk acts throughout the years like Woody Guthrie, Bob Dylan, Ani Difranco all the way up to Johan and The Lion's contemporaneous albums. 

I like punk and metal acts throughout the years like XRay Spex in the 70's, Marilyn Manson and Hole in the 90's, up to present-day Alt/Punk/Indie act Grandpa. 

I like Alternative acts like 10,000 Maniac, Counting Crows, Twenty One Pilots and Imagine Dragons.

I like Pop acts because I mean, who doesn't like Pop? The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Hanson, the Spice Girls, Britney Spears, Greyson Chance, Fergie, One Direction, Union J (still waiting on that third album), Shawn Mendes, and I feel like Panic! At The Disco has been leaning more pop since Brenden Urie took full control.

There are many other artists I haven't even touched on. Red Hot Chili Peppers, Simon and Garfunkle, Beyonce, Eminem, Nick Jonas, Fiona Apple, DNCE, P!NK, Jewel, Lana Del Rey, Good Charlotte, Jack Bugg, Ryan Adams, Alanis Morisette, Ariana Grande, etc and so on.

You know, it's really hard for me to pick just one or two artists that I love. I truly love good music. I don't think there is any genre that can't produce good music and many artists I have written off as 'horrible' have then turned around and surprised me. For example, I never understood why people liked Britney Spears until Blackout... then I got it. I wouldn't even write off Justin Bieber, he gave us Love Yourself (Though Ed Sheeran had a hand in that). 

I also like some random bands few people have ever heard of like Jonas Sees In Color and Sparky's Flaw (before they changed their name to Parachute after getting signed.) 

Anyway, I like music. Own thousands of CD's and hundreds of thousands of songs. I'm excited to be joining your community!

A nice eclectic taste! :madgebop:

Welcome and hopefully we see more of your posts esp since you're an expert in music it seems! :kimhi:

Aw, thank you! It depends on what you mean by metalcore. I know there is some disagreement in there. I listen to Bullet For My Valentine. I love their drums. As Marilyn Manson once said, "Drumbeats that don't confuse strippers."

I know they said they wanted to collaborate with Metallica, right? That would be cool.

I think it's awesome you listen to metal, punk, etc. Music is about emotion and those are genres dedicated to intense emotion.

Bands like bring me the horizon, asking alexandria, black veil brides etc?  Yes bullet is amazing! Seeing them live in december actually :)

omg id be here for a collab with metcallica that would be pretty cool :D

yes it sure is :) if it gets the feels going, you know the tunes are doing the right :Di also spot nick jonas in ya post too ;) slayyy!

Just now, MISS CAMARADERIE said:

welcome to cop legend :myjam:

been awhile since ive seen anyone talk about red hot chili peppers i used to listen to them a lot when i was younger

what's ur fave lana album/song? 

Thanks! I feel like my favorite Lana song changes by the day. Right now it is Get Free. For a while it was West Coast, but The Grades Icon Mix version of it. My favorite album by her, as cliche as it sounds is Born To Die.  I know that's the typical one everyone goes to, but it's very, very good. 

I love the Peppers. Have you listened to their newest album The Getaway? Death of A Samurai gets is amazing. Though, I felt they should have released Go Robot as their first single off the album instead of switching it for Dark Necessities. 

What is your favorite Pepper's album and song?

• Upvote 1

Just now, H.O.N.E.Y said:

A nice eclectic taste! :madgebop:

Welcome and hopefully we see more of your posts esp since you're an expert in music it seems! :kimhi:

Thank you! Though I'm not really an expert as much as an obsessionist. Loving something doesn't mean you know all about it :P