Jump to content
COP is back baby! Read more... ×
The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
Swagga

Florida GOP candidate on his black opponent: "Monkey this up"

Recommended Posts

Quote

 

Ron DeSantis called his black rival in Florida's governor's race, Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum, an "articulate spokesman" and warned that the state may "monkey up" its politics by electing a "socialist agenda" into office. 

In an interview with Fox News's Sandra Smith on Wednesday, DeSantis, who has been endorsed by President Donald Trump, spoke about Gillum in a segment following his Republican primary win. 

While speaking to Fox News about Gillum, DeSantis warned that a far-left agenda could "monkey" up Florida's politics. 

He said: "The last thing we need to do is monkey this thing up by trying to embrace a socialist agenda with huge tax increases and bankrupting the state. 

"That is not going to work. That's not going to be good for Florida, so I'm going to fight for what I believe in because I think I'm the guy who can lead Florida in a good direction." 

He also used the words "articulate" and "charismatic" to describe the left-wing Democrat. 

DeSantis said: "Florida elections are always competitive and this is a guy who, although he's much too liberal for Florida, I think he's got huge problems on how he's governed Tallahassee. He is an articulate spokesman for those far-left views and he's a charismatic candidate."

 

http://www.businessinsider.fr/us/ron-desantis-says-andrew-gillum-could-monkey-up-politics-florida-governor-race-2018-8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be the devils advocate here. He didn’t specifically call him a monkey. He was using the word to describe stuffing up the system and I’ve heard that word used for that before. I’d say it’s a genuine mistake, no one can be that out and proud racist in politics. I mean how dumb could you be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ReprehensibleRoach said:

To be the devils advocate here. He didn’t specifically call him a monkey. He was using the word to describe stuffing up the system and I’ve heard that word used for that before. I’d say it’s a genuine mistake, no one can be that out and proud racist in politics. I mean how dumb could you be?

He knew damn well what he was saying.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ReprehensibleRoach said:

To be the devils advocate here. He didn’t specifically call him a monkey. He was using the word to describe stuffing up the system and I’ve heard that word used for that before. I’d say it’s a genuine mistake, no one can be that out and proud racist in politics. I mean how dumb could you be?

I mean not to long ago we had a man running for Congress who was a literal pedophile (Alabama) 

we have had former KKK Grand wizards (kkk leader) run for office (David Duke)

We had a man who boasted about his alligence to the American Nazi party and he even had on his campaign site saying the holocaust is the biggest blackest lie in history (Illinois 2016)

honestly nothing is really unexpected at this point as racists feel braver in being vocal about their racism today than they have in the past years. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ms. Knee said:

I mean not to long ago we had a man running for Congress who was a literal pedophile (Alabama) 

we have had former KKK Grand wizards (kkk leader) run for office (David Duke)

We had a man who boasted about his alligence to the American Nazi party and he even had on his campaign site saying the holocaust is the biggest blackest lie in history (Illinois 2016)

honestly nothing is really unexpected at this point as racists feel braver in being vocal about their racism today than they have in the past years. 

Wow that’s disgusting. Almost as bad as SJW liberals who falsely accuse people of being rapists to try and ruin their life. I guess there’s huge scumbags on both sides :cm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ms. Knee said:

I mean not to long ago we had a man running for Congress who was a literal pedophile (Alabama) 

we have had former KKK Grand wizards (kkk leader) run for office (David Duke)

We had a man who boasted about his alligence to the American Nazi party and he even had on his campaign site saying the holocaust is the biggest blackest lie in history (Illinois 2016)

honestly nothing is really unexpected at this point as racists feel braver in being vocal about their racism today than they have in the past years. 

Although your examples are good examples of "racists feel braver in being vocal about their racism today than they have", I don't think the video in the op is an example of that. Doesn't mean he's not a racist behind closed doors, just means this wording being used isn't sufficient evidence to label someone racist imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ReprehensibleRoach said:

Wow that’s disgusting. Almost as bad as SJW liberals who falsely accuse people of being rapists to try and ruin their life. I guess there’s huge scumbags on both sides :cm:

:gaycat23:my opinions on the matter came from eye witness testimonies on the situation and the evidence given to me. 

But thats that on that :gaycat23:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ReprehensibleRoach said:

To be the devils advocate here. He didn’t specifically call him a monkey. He was using the word to describe stuffing up the system and I’ve heard that word used for that before. I’d say it’s a genuine mistake, no one can be that out and proud racist in politics. I mean how dumb could you be?

But he did emphasize on the word "monkey" now, didn't he ? And I don't recall the expression "monkey up" being used by a politician before...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×