The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×
Move over Eurovision! COPvision is back! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
AngryAzalean

What defines "good music taste"?

I've had this question in my head a long time, and because music is so subjective it's hard to really determine it so I wanted to know y'alls opinion.

I think a range of genres definietly qualifies as good taste, so if all you like is Katy, Ariana and Britney I wouldn't really say you have "good taste" because there's all bubblegum pop.

What do y'all think :cm:

• Upvote 1

as long as you stan someone grateful

that have good music and challenge the generic music on the radio 

and can sing and write and produce or at least have done something in every song on his/her album cause after all the album is credited to them and fill his/her heart into the music 

and this is optional but if legends in music praise your fave "rightfully" and not because they are popular and are the thing now

that qualifies as you stanning something good

and bam you have good taste

so stan gaga now everyone xoxo

:gretchen13:

• Upvote 1

Just now, ACT2 said:

as long as you stan someone grateful

that have good music and challenge the generic music on the radio 

and can sing and write and produce or at least have done something in every song on his/her album cause after all the album is credited to them and fill his/her heart into the music 

and this is optional but if legends in music praise your fave "rightfully" and not because they are popular and are the thing now

that qualifies as you stanning something good

and bam you have good taste

so stan Madonna now everyone xoxo

:gretchen13:

Fixed. :gretchen13:

• Upvote 1

Good music taste usually is being diverse in picking apart things that you like about songs. Not listening to the same types of artists who don't challenge your palate. Appreciating hooks and chord progressions and overall production value.

• Upvote 1

there is no right or wrong answer to this question. the only thing i can say is that if you're only stuck listening to 1-2 genre(s) and only rely on what mainstream are focusing on then I would say your taste isn't good

if you're like most people (even me) who have a versatile preference then props to you, but if you and/or other parties don't share the same then that don't mean your taste is better than the other and vice versa.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jujubae said:

Good music taste usually is being diverse in picking apart things that you like about songs. Not listening to the same types of artists who don't challenge your palate. Appreciating hooks and chord progressions and overall production value.

Oop spill the tea sis :cm:

Just now, idol of roses said:

“you have good music taste” = “we like the same music” :cm: good music taste is a myth 

That's interesting and very true actually :cm:

it's totally subjective but i agree with people who have said that having a wider range in the music you listen to contributes to your 'taste' because you're able to recognize a good song in any genre instead of limiting yourself a couple genres of music

• Upvote 1

Just now, Swagga said:

We love an avant-garde experimental bop.

:lanawink:

drilling noises? avant garde?

avant garde sweetie...