COP is back baby! Read more... ×
The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
Kordeinator

If Adele did Praying?

It wouldn't have carried much depth, the things making the song as popular as it was are the facts that:

> It was Kesha's comeback from her pop days in everybody's childhoods/teens

> It was Kesha, the dirtypop starlet making a piano ballad

> Kesha...doing the unexpected and hitting that head note

> Dr. Luke backstory

Adele isn't NOT known for her vocals and ballads, it would've done well I suppose but not as good as it had done w/ Kesha behind the wheel.

• Upvote 1

Just now, barbiej33p said:

Adele doesn’t have to sing every ballad

Praying is only a good song because of it’s backstory honestly, it means much more with Dr Luke on ur mind when u hear it

I doubt the GP knows anything about Dr Puke story:wendy4:

Just now, Diomedes said:

Can Adele hit Kesha’s head note live? If so  it would have gone top 10 I’m sure.

:keshawelcome:

Kesha never hit that note live, at some point I think she's not the one singing it:lmfao::lmfao:

Just now, Kordeinator said:

Kesha never hit that note live, at some point I think she's not the one singing it:lmfao::lmfao:

I believe that she sang it in the studio, but she herself said she hit it by luck after trying it lots of times

OT: I can't with all the people saying it wouldn't be a hit. The song is great, even if you don't know the whole backstory and every one of Adele's leads is bound to be a Multi-Week, Grammy-winning smash so...

• Upvote 1

Just now, Kordeinator said:

Lol, that’s what I meant! Kesha had a storyline to propel her hit but it still stalled right outside the top 20 on the Hot 100. Had she hit her note live I believe it would have gone further. :gaycat4:

Adele doesn’t have a storyline. But what she does have is the gp in her pack pocket and ability to PERFORM. So I believe she hitting the note live is all she would need to secure her hit and snatch wigs. :nickigaycat:

Just now, Venti said:

I believe that she sang it in the studio, but she herself said she hit it by luck after trying it lots of times

OT: I can't with all the people saying it wouldn't be a hit. The song is great, even if you don't know the whole backstory and every one of Adele's leads is bound to be a Multi-Week, Grammy-winning smash so...

The song is good...People in this thread are acting like its a bad song.Its just she was screaming too much on the chorus:wendy19: