COP is back baby! Read more... ×
The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
H.O.N.E.Y

Nu Disco

I want Nu Disco to make a 2nd official wave, that genre was so underrated and so refreshing and just an overall CLASSIC SOUND. :education:

Plus the US didn't really dive into it when Europe was producing Nu Disco hits back in 1999-2004. This need a comeback like yesterday! :education:

Nu-disco is a 21st-century dance music genre associated with a renewed interest in 1970s US disco[1] as well as synthesizer-heavy 1980s European dance music styles.[2][1] The genre was especially popular in the mid 2000s, and experienced another small resurgence in the early to mid 2010s.

• Upvote 1

Flawless taste sis! Although the name often changes, disco never really leaves, it always comes around every few years - at the moment disco seems to be doing big things in house music.

Just now, Disco_Stan said:

Flawless taste sis! Although the name often changes, disco never really leaves, it always comes around every few years - at the moment disco seems to be doing big things in house music.

Thx. I know disco has it's moments and these are somewhat recent songs by popular artists that are heavily influenced by Disco.

Which are nice but I like Nu Disco more it feels more of a mix between modern and classic rather than just classic. :oprahpout:

But I just want Nu Disco to be in the mainstream in the UK again, and for it to be in mainstream finally in the US. Btw I love all the songs I posted I really stan this genre. :demilip:

• Upvote 1

Just now, H.O.N.E.Y said:

@Disco_Stan plz post some flawless disco bops that I may have not heard before. :demifat:

Some decent old disco bops (you may be familiar with some of these)

In terms of a mix between the old and new sound, have you checkout out remixes of old disco songs? they usually have a but of a nu-disco or funky-house feel to them, for example:

• Upvote 1