Sign in to follow this  
sarafromseattle

How do you organize pop culture?

@Dirkje Do you have ways of categorizing the things you like, though? Some people organize by type of media, like movies, tv, music, etc. Other people have more personalized classifications, like cute, retro, etc. Or maybe you don't organize anything at all. That's interesting to me, too. Or, what are some of the names of your music playlists? How would you describe the last movie you watched - was it a chick flick? A drama?

Say I told you I had a list of 15,000 "people or characters," and asked you to pick some that you are interested in without being able to search for a specific name or title. What would you filter the list by first? Second? What filters would you expect to see? 

Just now, sarafromseattle said:

@Dirkje Do you have ways of categorizing the things you like, though? Some people organize by type of media, like movies, tv, music, etc. Other people have more personalized classifications, like cute, retro, etc. Or maybe you don't organize anything at all. That's interesting to me, too. Or, what are some of the names of your music playlists? How would you describe the last movie you watched - was it a chick flick? A drama?

Say I told you I had a list of 15,000 "people or characters," and asked you to pick some that you are interested in without being able to search for a specific name or title. What would you filter the list by first? Second? What filters would you expect to see? 

I organize by genre for movies and music 

Just now, sarafromseattle said:

I dont have a way to categorize the things I like. I come here on this forum to discuss the music I like with my friends. This forum is a pop forum but we do appreciate people with different tastes. Like we all love pop girls, but there are people like @Blue Sunshine and @Heartsigh who are into other types of music.

What we all have in common is that we like to share our music thoughts and listen together. 

I have playlists on Spotify but I'm a bit old school and I prefer listening to psychical albums. 

Well if you give me 15000 songs and ask me my favorite songs I would go for the songs by my faves :)  

• Love 1

Mines through artists & bands. I got 6700 songs of all genres.  I got heaps of playlists but they r just mixture of current tracks i like or favourite artist then my playlist with all the songs i like & discover is on. 

• Upvote 1