DREAMPOP

Do you force yourself to be happy?

do you or have you ever before in the past ?

i know that it's okay not to be okay but sometimes being blue everyday gets redundant.

I have to find a reason to smile even if i don't to. 

Image result for jessie j smile gif

• Upvote 3

Just now, Katheryn said:

That's just me every day, masking myself in a facade. Painting my outer to be happy but just a screaming person inside. But, I'm a people pleaser and a pacifist.

you have to stop pleasing people and do want YOU want to do. If you want to run over a baby with a car or rob a church for all their money, YOU do it !! stop pleasing people and live for YOU 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Just now, DREAMPOP said:

you have to stop pleasing people and do want YOU want to do. If you want to run over a baby with a car or rob a church for all their money, YOU do it !! stop pleasing people and live for YOU 

These are nice words. Thank you for the advice!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dirkje said:

Talking to people is what really helps me!

see that's my thing, i usually don't like venting to people about my feelings because I feel that it comes off as weak and I don't want anyone irl to see me being vulnerable ..  So I just bottle it up inside .

• Upvote 1

Just now, DREAMPOP said:

see that's my thing, i usually don't like venting to people about my feelings because I feel that it comes off as weak and I don't want anyone irl to see me being vulnerable ..  So I just bottle it up inside .

Yeah I get that. But once you find someone you can really talk to, you should do it. It will make you feel better! And there are always people ready to hug you!

I don't force myself to be happy but I do act happy if I have to sometimes. For example at work and with friends. 

• Upvote 2

I'm glad you made this thread because its EXACTLY what i do.

Im naturally a happy person but if I'm not and its midday I force myself out of it, I like to dwell in my sadness at night because it ends sooner and I can write about it then.

But sometimes with long term sadness like when a coworker I had a crush on left I was sad for like a day and I had to bounce back from it, I cant stand feeling blue all the time.

For me sadness is a choice, I can choose when I'm sad just by think about it but not everyone is wired the same 

No. I can be optimistic and see the positive side of things, but I can never fake my feelings or make myself feel a certain way. 

It’s a good and bad quality I have. Good in that people never have to guess how I’m feeling, bad in that people never have to guess how I’m feeling nn. 

Idg how other people do it but I am just not good at forcing myself to feel happy. However most often I know what's the source of my unhappiness but if it is bigger than me (stream Witness now on spotify) I treat myself with something else as a temporary fix (which is kind of like avoiding the bigger problem but it still helps)