The Return of CAL Read more... ×

RicanText

Aretha Franklin tops US iTunes Albums and Singles Chart

Just now, Dangerous Woman said:

Why do people pretend to be fans as soon as someone dies? :iamdisgusted: If you were a fan you would’ve bought their music when they were alive.

To pay respect? Are you supposed to completely ignore their death?

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Why do people pretend tl be fans as soon as someone dies? :iamdisgusted: If you were a fan you would’ve bought their music when they were alive.

Well.... Im listening to her discography now to become more aware of it. Perhaps the ones buying it are new fans? Or fans that lost the albums. 

Why do people pretend to be fans as soon as someone dies? :iamdisgusted: If you were a fan you would’ve bought their music when they were alive.

This is tea tbh but I don’t know anyone who doesn’t know and enjoy Arethas bops, this was more the case when David Bowie died

• Upvote 2

Just now, Oh My Gaga said:

To pay respect? Are you supposed to completely ignore their death?

So you’re suddenly gonna listen to artists you never cared much about to pay respect? That sounds like fake respect to me. 

Just now, jackgrande said:

This is tea tbh but I don’t know anyone who doesn’t know and enjoy Arethas bops, this was more the case when David Bowie died

Doesn’t she have literally one big hit, Respect? Not hating but that’s the only Aretha song I’ve heard of.

So you’re suddenly gonna listen to artists you never cared much about to pay respect? That sounds like fake respect to me. 

By your logic people are supposed to ignore their death n keep doing their thing, I think it’s good that they take their time out of the day to appreciate her craft and pay some respect, even if they didn’t care too much about her before.

• Upvote 5

Doesn’t she have literally one big hit, Respect? Not hating but that’s the only Aretha song I’ve heard of.

Oh sis... please go and educate yourself she has multiple hits

But I think David Bowie was more relevant and mainstream to today’s musical climate so it feels that people has a bigger interest to check out his music and therefore he had a bigger boost? 

Just now, AngryAzalean said:

Not trying to be disrespectful but do y'all think Aretha will block Ariana from #1?

Do you think she'll get a #1 on BB100 too? 

I don't personally care what happens I'm just interested cuz I saw this :rip: 

Wjf5eUtk.jpg:large

First day slaes are usually the biggest so her sales are gonna be split so it’s looking unlikely she will block Ariana but blocking Travis and Nicki is very possible. .... Prince sold 200Kish in one day via ITunes.

If she has a televised funeral and tribute next week than maybe she can block Ariana....?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Oh My Gaga said:

By your logic people are supposed to ignore their death n keep doing their thing, I think it’s good that they take their time out of the day to appreciate her craft and pay some respect, even if they didn’t care too much about her before.

If you say so!

Just now, RicanText said:

But I think David Bowie was more relevant and mainstream to today’s musical climate so it feels that people has a bigger interest to check out his music and therefore he had a bigger boost? 

I don’t think young people hailed him as a legend before he died though, they probably only knew like one hit or something or had only heard of him. I remember people at my school not knowing who he was skfjdkkd. Aretha feels praised across all generations because her hits are timeless

I don’t think young people hailed him as a legend before he died though, they probably only knew like one hit or something or had only heard of him. I remember people at my school not knowing who he was skfjdkkd. Aretha feels praised across all generations because her hits are timeless

He had also released his new album the week of his passing and that created a lot of hype... maybe hype isn’t the proper word?. But it definitely created more coverage around his passing.

In terms of boosts I don’t think Bowie and Aretha is a good comparison because he had new material out. Prince and Aretha are better examples to go by.

Just now, RicanText said:

He had also released his new album the week of his passing and that created a lot of hype... maybe hype isn’t the proper word?. But it definitely created more coverage around his passing.

In terms of boosts I don’t think Bowie and Aretha is a good comparison because he had new material out. Prince and Aretha are better examples to go by.

Okay this isn’t really what i’m talking about but I see what you’re saying