Sign in to follow this  
A Star Is Born

Was "Everything Is Love" a nonevent?

Apeshit flopped internationally and the album isn't the blockbuster Beyonce (2013) and Lemonade were in sales or in cultural impact. Was the album a flop and a nonevent, and overall an L for Beyonce?

Guest IsThatSaraS

I'm still annoyed at the fact they released it during their tour, and not before or even after...

I mean, the music is great, but the timing of it, I think, is why it's not doing as great as we thought it would...

I was hoping for a video for every song or something... which could still happen

:nyleave:

Just now, IsThatSaraS said:

I'm still annoyed at the fact they released it during their tour, and not before or even after...

I mean, the music is great, but the timing of it, I think, is why it's not doing as great as we thought it would...

I was hoping for a video for every song or something... which could still happen

:nyleave:

I wouldn't hold your breath! The album was clearly only done to promote the tour, but Apeshit peaked in the Top 20 that's good for them. I'm sure it will get Grammy nods too, but it doesn't seem like the GP cared too much about Bey + J

Just now, PRISMATIC said:

Yes, it was. I haven't seen any promo in the UK at all, not heard any songs on the radio and plus it only got like 1 single so far :fentybeauty:

I see tons of promo here in NYC. It was also in lots of AM/Spotify playlists. Poor that.

Just now, ?? said:

I see tons of promo here in NYC. It was also in lots of AM/Spotify playlists. Poor that.

If she's focusing on only promoting in one area... :wendy9:

• Upvote 2

the gp wasn't here for them, even the HIVe were having meltdowns about them collaborating. Not surprised the project failed in every aspect :jan2: 

• Upvote 2

Idk about the album - never listened to it - but when it comes to promo, when I was in NYC last month, there was this building that was filled with Everything Is Love promotion.

oRRoLo0.jpg

So I guess it was a non-event despite the promo? Idk. :shrug:

Flopped because the music on it was trash and bad

and the GP is finally slowly seeing her bullshit act

y'all smoke so much crack, the album was dope. APESHIT is one of the best songs & videos of the year, and the rest of the album was great. She has enough money to sit on, I'm sure she isn't pressed over sales

that solo release though, where is she :wendytea:

• Upvote 1

Yes because this bitch thought that dropping an album with no announcement would work again. It's not revolutionary anymore so just roll your albums out like normal people. 

It also would've been embraced more if Jay wasn't on it. He doesn't really have a mass market appeal anymore.

• Upvote 1

On 8/16/2018 at 1:11 AM, R3tr0 said:

I didnt bother to listen to it. Apeshit was bad enough

Actually, it's a good EP. "Apeshit" is easily the most trendy (and worst) song on it. Give the other songs a chance.

On 8/16/2018 at 9:10 AM, MDNAInMyRebelHeart said:

Yes because this bitch thought that dropping an album with no announcement would work again. It's not revolutionary anymore so just roll your albums out like normal people. 

It also would've been embraced more if Jay wasn't on it. He doesn't really have a mass market appeal anymore.

She did with Lemonade and it was even bigger than in 2013. I think Bey is running the risk of becoming overexposed however, I think her time is up soon.