The Return of CAL Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
Treacherous Swiftie

Taylor Swift Fights Back Tears at Her Concert on the Anniversary of Sexual Assault Trial Verdict

While on stage in Tampa Tuesday as a part of her Reputation tour, Swift, 28 nearly broke down in tears as she opened up about her 2017 groping trial.

“A year ago I was not playing in a stadium in Tampa, I was in a courtroom in Denver, Colorado,” Swift bravely began. “This is the day the jury sided in my favor and said that they believed me.”“I guess I just think about all the people that weren’t believed and the people who haven’t been believed, and the people who are afraid to speak up because they think they won’t be believed,” Swift continued.

“I just wanted to say I’m sorry to anyone who ever wasn’t believed because I don’t know what turn my life would have taken if somebody didn’t believe me when I said something had happened to me.”“So I just wanted to say we have so much further to go, and I’m so grateful to you guys for being there for me for what was really a horrible part of my life,” Swift said as fans cheered loudly from the audience. “I wanted to thank you for just kind of… I mean I know when I meet you guys at meet-and-greets and after the shows, you guys tell me about the hard times that you’ve gone through in your lives and I really appreciate you trusting me with that information.

“And you know you guys have seen me go through so many ups and downs in my life just due to the public nature of the way my life is, and I just wanted to say that I’m so happy to see you and to have you and know you through the ups and the downs in my life.Sorry I just haven’t really talked about it, and so I’m just not composed at all,” Swift added before continuing with her set.

https://people.com/music/taylor-swift-tears-tampa-concert-anniversary-sexual-assault-trial-verdict/

I love her so much! :cry: I actually cried while reading this.

• Upvote 3

Poor her, even a year later it's on her mind? It must have been a very stressful time in her life and she didn't deserve that :curega:

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, kordei said:

Wait what she was sexually assaulted? 

She was grouped by a radio DJ backstage during the RED tour, he denied it despite their being visual proof and than he sued her for defamation than she sued him for a symbolic $1 and she won. Some considered it the first win of the #MeToo movement. 

01380237-A57A-48B4-9A77-ECE055532C73.jpeg

• Upvote 2