Sign in to follow this  
Msl

Will Ariana outsell Nicki in pure sales?

Nicki 45-55k. Do you think Ariana will outsell her or flop even harder? 180806142657-beyonce-vogue-cover-tyler-mitchell-super-tease.jpg.1e62921282583e69a7f52c56bcdd33d6.jpg

I think so. Nicki is a rapper who relies more on streaming and Ariana is a pop artist who has *some* people buy copies. :arieducating:

And given how well No Tears Left To Cry sold on Itoons I'd guess it is a good indication that it will sell some albums. :arishook:

• Upvote 1

Guest messiah

Pop sells better than Rap anyways, so I mean, if it did its not Nicki's fault. 

Just now, raja said:

Pop sells better than Rap anyways, so I mean, if it did its not Nicki's fault. 

???

Hip hop is literally the new pop. Let's not blame Nicki's lack of success on her genre.

Yes, it will. NTLTC is a smash hit, and her highest charting solo hit to date.

That alone on the tracklist will guarantee it outsells Peasant. 

Guest messiah
Just now, Elusive Loverboy said:

???

Hip hop is literally the new pop. Let's not blame Nicki's lack of success on her genre.

You do understand that Cardi cant even outsell P!nk right? P!nk is in her late 30s doing pop with 500k and Cardi cant even do 200k. 

Lack of success in the genre. Why cant the hip Cardi B outsell a soccer mom? She had payola and a #1 hit. What About Us peaked at 13 but literally doubled album sales for Cardi. Why? Hip Hop is the new pop my ass. Honey, lets get serious, Cardi isnt a selling force or a streaming force. Literally, nothing on Spotify is over 500million.

Why dont you shut ya ass up with this blind Nicki hate. Leave the bitch alone. :naomi:

Just now, raja said:

You do understand that Cardi cant even outsell P!nk right? P!nk is in her late 30s doing pop with 500k and Cardi cant even do 200k. 

Lack of success in the genre. Why cant the hip Cardi B outsell a soccer mom? She had payola and a #1 hit. What About Us peaked at 13 but literally doubled album sales for Cardi. Why? Hip Hop is the new pop my ass. Honey, lets get serious, Cardi isnt a selling force or a streaming force. Literally, nothing on Spotify is over 500million.

Why dont you shut ya ass up with this blind Nicki hate. Leave the bitch alone. :naomi:

When did I mention Cardi in my post??

I was actually referring to artists like Post Malone and Travis Scott. Anyways, Cardi actually did 255k first week, and her album was released as a digital only.

Pink had always been a strong album seller, so not a fair comparison at all.

5 hours ago, Maren Swift said:

I think so. Nicki is a rapper who relies more on streaming and Ariana is a pop artist who has *some* people buy copies. :arieducating:

And given how well No Tears Left To Cry sold on Itoons I'd guess it is a good indication that it will sell some albums. :arishook:

A few weeks ago when it was originally thought it would be Nicki vs Ariana  I seen Nicki stans say that Nicki will outsell Ariana purely first week because Nicki does better in sales and that Ariana will do better in streams but now the script has changed? :wat:

Just now, RicanText said:

A few weeks ago when it was originally thought it would be Nicki vs Ariana  I seen Nicki stans say that Nicki will outsell Ariana purely first week because Nicki does better in sales and that Ariana will do better in streams but now the script has changed? :wat:

I'm wasn't one of those Nicki stans so I can't explain their logic. :wat: