Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
kordei

Queen is a 'flop'?

Recommended Posts

How are you all saying Queen by Nicki is a flop, yet at the same stage Cardi was predicted to debut with the same amount of sales?

Keep in mind, Cardi had appeared on Saturday Night Live & Jimmy Fallon, whereas Nicki only had her own Queen Radio platform.

To further my point, IOP was only 20,000 units ahead in SPS, despite the major promotion on Spotify, as well as different streaming rules, which weighted free streams on Spotify with paid streams from services like Tidal and Apple Music.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You still pushing that narrative huh?

We're calling it a FLOP because she's the self proclaimed Queen of Rap who titled her album QUEEN but can't even outsell a newcomer from the streaming era in PURE SALES. 

And her sales predictions aren't gonna rise, why would they? The general public are finished with her :kelly: 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AtlanticRecordsAssistant said:

You still pushing that narrative huh?

We're calling it a FLOP because she's the self proclaimed Queen of Rap who titled her album QUEEN but can't even outsell a newcomer from the streaming era in PURE SALES. 

And her sales predictions aren't gonna rise, why would they? The general public are finished with her :kelly: 

You keep saying she's 'self-proclaimed' yet almost every major publication has referred to as the Queen of Rap, and she has the stats to back it up. 

And as I stated, Cardi was at the same stage in pure sales at this point, despite having more promo :rip: 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CUZ!CAN said:

lets just wait and see what happens at the end of the trackibg week, its an underperformance for sure.

I'm over here PERCHEDT sis. I've taken a whole week off work for this, let the celebrations continue :demifat: 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AtlanticRecordsAssistant said:

I'm over here PERCHEDT sis. I've taken a whole week off work for this, let the celebrations continue :demifat: 

This is so sad :rip: 

Just now, ACT2 said:

If 244k is a flop then idk what this is :whereisit:

Who did 244,000 and who said that was a flop though... And what relevance does that have to this thread I-

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The album is literally the definition of a snooze fest :kelly:

The Carbz are defending it and they are being forced to like it 

It's metacritic score is falling because new critics with taste are giving their views on it :kelly:

For the Queen of Rap (the title that she took herself) this is truly embarrassing :kelly:

You wouldn't catch Beyonce doing some of the things Nicki has done/is doing 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Craig said:

The album is literally the definition of a snooze fest :kelly:

The Carbz are defending it and they are being forced to like it 

It's metacritic score is falling because new critics with taste are giving their views on it :kelly:

For the Queen of Rap (the title that she took herself) this is truly embarrassing :kelly:

You wouldn't catch Beyonce doing some of the things Nicki has done/is doing 

I TRIED to give it a sneaky second listen today just to do a proper review and honestly it's DIRE. It's a pop album with Sicki "rapping" over the top of dated beats and bragging/throwing subs as usual. They're really trying it lmao

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gotta keep in mind Nicki not only had less promo but also 12 hours less time for streams and sales plus this is her 4th album compared to Cardi's 1st and she's still doing solid numbers against it

plus I gotta be honest I completely forgot Cardi released an album until my friend linked songs from it a couple hours ago, a non-event indeed despite two #1s

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AtlanticRecordsAssistant said:

I TRIED to give it a sneaky second listen today just to do a proper review and honestly it's DIRE. It's a pop album with Sicki "rapping" over the top of dated beats and bragging/throwing subs as usual. They're really trying it lmao

How is it a pop album :rip: You literally have no clue what you’re talking about.

Just now, Craig said:

The album is literally the definition of a snooze fest :kelly:

The Carbz are defending it and they are being forced to like it 

It's metacritic score is falling because new critics with taste are giving their views on it :kelly:

For the Queen of Rap (the title that she took herself) this is truly embarrassing :kelly:

You wouldn't catch Beyonce doing some of the things Nicki has done/is doing 

Forcing ourselves to like it? Lmao why do you sound so mad?

Nobody gives two shits about a metacritic score when you have white pop reviewers putting their thoughts in about a hip hop album w heavy New York and caribbean influences :rip: 

And fuck you mean the title she took herself? Literally every major publication been called her the Queen. She got all the stats to back it up, too. Cardi proclaimed herself ‘King of NY’ but you ain’t have shit to say bout that, huh?

And Beyonce and Nicki are two completely different artists. That comparison is null and void, and has literally zero relevance to this thread.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Craig said:

You wouldn't catch Beyonce doing some of the things Nicki has done/is doing 

Yeah because Beyoncé is much worse

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AtlanticRecordsAssistant said:

You still pushing that narrative huh?

We're calling it a FLOP because she's the self proclaimed Queen of Rap who titled her album QUEEN but can't even outsell a newcomer from the streaming era in PURE SALES. 

And her sales predictions aren't gonna rise, why would they? The general public are finished with her :kelly: 

And what are you gonna be saying when Cardi's popularity declines and she starts pulling bad numbers? You still gonna be a stan then? Still going to call her the new queen of rap? I think we all know what the answer to that question is you'll drop her off your stan list. When are you going to admit you're a secret Nicki fan because only a fan would talk about her this much.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MDNAInMyRebelHeart said:

And what are you gonna be saying when Cardi's popularity declines and she starts pulling bad numbers? You still gonna be a stan then? Still going to call her the new queen of rap? I think we all know what the answer to that question is you'll drop her off your stan list. When are you going to admit you're a secret Nicki fan because only a fan would talk about her this much.

The tea you have been serving lately is exquisite!

  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MDNAInMyRebelHeart said:

And what are you gonna be saying when Cardi's popularity declines and she starts pulling bad numbers? You still gonna be a stan then? Still going to call her the new queen of rap? I think we all know what the answer to that question is you'll drop her off your stan list. When are you going to admit you're a secret Nicki fan because only a fan would talk about her this much.

Not that it's any of your business but I've been stanning Cardi since her mixtape days. The difference between Sicki Garbaj and Cardi is Cardi has a fun personality and doesn't have the ego. Sicki burst into the game already taking shots at actual rap royalty. Cardi is also pro-female, something Sicki is definitely not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×