The Return of CAL Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
Treacherous Swiftie

Demi Lovato To Undergo Extensive Treatment for Several Months

Upon leaving Cedars-Sinai hospital last week, the pop star immediately entered rehab for addiction treatment and now, a source tells E! News, "She will be in rehab for several months and is doing an extensive program to ensure she gets the help she needs." The 25-year-old is currently in Chicago, where she is undergoing treatment with a therapist who focuses on sobriety, mental health and wellness.

With the singer placing the utmost importance in overcoming her addiction, she decided tocancel the remaining tour dates in her Tell Me You Love Me tour and has kept social contact to a minimum.

The insider reports that Demi "hasn't been in communication with anyone and is really focusing on herself." That also includes limiting contact with her ex-boyfriend, Wilmer Valderrama, who visited the singer at the hospital as she recovered from extreme nausea and high fever.

"Wilmer has been in touch with the family and has been checking in on Demi's status," but has been unable to speak to the "Sorry Not Sorry" singer as she undergoes treatment. The source explained, "The family is trying to make sure they eliminate all distractions and want her to be focusing on her health right now."

https://www.eonline.com/news/959883/demi-lovato-to-undergo-extensive-treatment-for-several-months

I really hope she takes as much time as she needs.

Her physical and mental health is much more important than her career.

• Upvote 3

Just now, raindrops said:

She probably wont be back until 2020 thats for sure

I am sure she will be back next year with a new album and a good sob story that makes her sympathetic to the GP and helps sell the album.

It's just sad that she was so enthusiastic about getting a new album out "SOON" and now who knows how long it'll be delayed. She was passionate about it and now she can't do it.