Jump to content
The Return of CAL Read more... ×

neonnights

Do you believe in any industry conspiracy theories?

Recommended Posts

Britney’s Original Doll (I know the album itself isn’t a theory but the drama surrounding it), Gags and Lina Morgana, Richey Edwards’s disappearance, etc. - stuff like that. 

Do you believe any of that stuff? And, if not, which theories are at least entertaining to you?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have this theory that some record label employees pay twitter stans to get conversations started about their artists. Like when everyone was here for Iggy’s new single, it was just weird. Like yea she deserves success and the song was good, but people were hyping it up a little TOO much, I’m paranoid that there is some serious payola going to popular twitter accounts :ariscared:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, barbiej33p said:

I have this theory that some record label employees pay twitter stans to get conversations started about their artists. Like when everyone was here for Iggy’s new single, it was just weird. Like yea she deserves success and the song was good, but people were hyping it up a little TOO much, I’m paranoid that there is some serious payola going to popular twitter accounts :ariscared:

Wasn’t there a thread the other day talking about this exact subject? Anyway, you raise a good point. I remember it felt like Iggy Iggz was pretty much done after her debut and every single she released after got trashed and then she came back with her latest and people loved it. 

Let me put my tinfoil hat on. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lucky said:

I think Avril really did die and was replaced by Melissah.

Why do you think so? :rly:

I remember years ago on Breathe Heavy (nnn I know) there was a thread on why some users believed Britney was a part of the Freemasons nn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, neonnights said:

Wasn’t there a thread the other day talking about this exact subject? Anyway, you raise a good point. I remember it felt like Iggy Iggz was pretty much done after her debut and every single she released after got trashed and then she came back with her latest and people loved it. 

Let me put my tinfoil hat on. 

It was more about Atlantic paying gossip blogs like popcrave, but I think they message popular accounts and make them sign that they can’t disclose it :shookga: girl my tinhat be tingling, I can’t wait to see more theories lsksksks :shookga:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, barbiej33p said:

It was more about Atlantic paying gossip blogs like popcrave, but I think they message popular accounts and make them sign that they can’t disclose it :shookga: girl my tinhat be tingling, I can’t wait to see more theories lsksksks :shookga:

Bitch, same! Breathe Heavy used to be conspiracy theory central. Some Britney stans are cray cray and would make long ass threads about theories they had on her. It was low key scary. 

Just now, jujubae said:

That Blue Ivy is the antichrist and her name stands for "Illuminati's Very Youngest Born Living Under Evil"

I’ve never heard of this one. I’ve only heard about them being in the ~illuminati~

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i used to believe in the Illuminati stuff lol

but now ofc not.. they all sound so silly

But i still believe that most of the icons that passed away were killed idk by who or whatever tho

like Marilyn, MJ, Aaliyah etc 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tαβοο said:

i used to believe in the Illuminati stuff lol

but now ofc not.. they all sound so silly

But i still believe that most of the icons that passed away were killed idk by who or whatever tho

like Marilyn, MJ, Aaliyah etc 

There’s a theory that Beyoncé has Aaliyah killed nnn. Beyoncé detractors really do the most.

But, I do think people like Marilyn and Natalie Wood were killed. Their deaths are just too sus.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, neonnights said:

There’s a theory that Beyoncé has Aaliyah killed nnn. Beyoncé detractors really do the most.

But, I do think people like Marilyn and Natalie Wood were killed. Their deaths are just too sus.

For some reason i'm not surprised by this lmao

but yeah Marilyn & Natalie for sure especially cos Marilyn had connections with presidents and knew some "secrets"

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, neonnights said:

There’s a theory that Beyoncé has Aaliyah killed nnn. Beyoncé detractors really do the most.

But, I do think people like Marilyn and Natalie Wood were killed. Their deaths are just too sus.

:eartha: don’t mess with the queen bey bitch!

Princess Diana too, I strongly believe the queen had that bitch killed :trishashook:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, barbiej33p said:

:eartha: don’t mess with the queen bey bitch!

Princess Diana too, I strongly believe the queen had that bitch killed :trishashook:

OMG! Yes. I believe she was killed too. I was reading about ha a month or so ago. The royal family HATED her and wanted her gone. No one can convince me otherwise.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one common thing about conspiracies is that they're all made up by people who aren't actually experts in the field or have experience working in the industry :rly: and their purpose is to convince people that we as outsiders are totes smart and have this whole music industry thing figured out based on minimal selective evidence.

but truth is it's often more complicated and less predictable than conspiracies make it out to be - and knowing that a lot of these things are beyond our control to change, is very unsettling. that's why conspiracies exist: to make people feel calm and satisfied with the uncertainty. :sipsip: i'm not saying the music industry isn't as sinister as many conspiracies say it is - in fact often times it is - just not in a way that is obvious or easy to fully comprehend by someone behind the computer wearing a tinfoil hat :whereisit:

also those "_____ died and got replaced by ______" conspiracies are just old and you have to be pretty stupid to fall for that kind of thing. it was a lil cheeky when ppl said that about paul mccartney, :giggle: but by avril lavigne/lina morgana it was getting pretty dated :nyleave: whoever still makes these things up need to rely on something other than internet clout to beat their meat to. :enough:

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, neonnights said:

OMG! Yes. I believe she was killed too. I was reading about ha a month or so ago. The royal family HATED her and wanted her gone. No one can convince me otherwise.

Just because she wasn’t a tight pussy snob like them, she was actually kind to everyone and dressed the way she wanted. that saggy titty bitch was just jealous she couldn’t pull of the LOOKS Diana was serving :tiara1:

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aahfeekiee said:

one common thing about conspiracies is that they're all made up by people who aren't actually experts in the field or have experience working in the industry :rly: and their purpose is to convince people that we as outsiders are totes smart and have this whole music industry thing figured out based on minimal selective evidence.

but truth is it's often more complicated and less predictable than conspiracies make it out to be - and knowing that a lot of these things are beyond our control to change, is very unsettling. that's why conspiracies exist: to make people feel calm and satisfied with the uncertainty. :sipsip: i'm not saying the music industry isn't as sinister as many conspiracies say it is - in fact often times it is - just not in a way that is obvious or easy to fully comprehend by someone behind the computer wearing a tinfoil hat :whereisit:

also those "_____ died and got replaced by ______" conspiracies are just old and you have to be pretty stupid to fall for that kind of thing. it was a lil cheeky when ppl said that about paul mccartney, :giggle: but by avril lavigne/lina morgana it was getting pretty dated :nyleave: whoever still makes these things up need to rely on something other than internet clout to beat their meat to. :enough:

 

Bitch let us have our fun! 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, neonnights said:

Bitch let us have our fun! 

The nonbeliever JUMPED out :kelly:

I read that and was like well damn okay bitch :jesycry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, barbiej33p said:

Just because she wasn’t a tight pussy snob like them, she was actually kind to everyone and dressed the way she wanted. that saggy titty bitch was just jealous she couldn’t pull of the LOOKS Diana was serving :tiara1:

I remember Kylie got dragged because she named her album Impossible Princess and the press thought it was disrespectful to Diana. mess 

One thing I don’t believe in is the music industry has its own Illuminati. It’s just SO silly. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, barbiej33p said:

The nonbeliever JUMPED out :kelly:

I read that and was like well damn okay bitch :jesycry:

i mean i'm working in the industry u tell me whats true henny :gaycat23:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, barbiej33p said:

I have this theory that some record label employees pay twitter stans to get conversations started about their artists. Like when everyone was here for Iggy’s new single, it was just weird. Like yea she deserves success and the song was good, but people were hyping it up a little TOO much, I’m paranoid that there is some serious payola going to popular twitter accounts :ariscared:

 

Just now, neonnights said:

Wasn’t there a thread the other day talking about this exact subject? Anyway, you raise a good point. I remember it felt like Iggy Iggz was pretty much done after her debut and every single she released after got trashed and then she came back with her latest and people loved it. 

Let me put my tinfoil hat on. 

NO, TOO VAGUE :vixen3:

I see what y'all mean, and I definitely think that record labels are paying people with a big following e.g. - popcrave, but don't you think if they were paying random stans that a stan would've come out by now and said something? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×