Sign in to follow this  
Dirkje

5 years ago today, Lady Gaga released Applause

I was in my friend's living room so nervous, because there was so much hype riding onto it.

But gotdamn it immediately caught my ear. It really is in every way the perfect pop song and I'm sad that people let the oversaturation of her public image and career take away from their enjoyment of the song itself, because honestly it was perfect for the times and gave us a huge pop girl moment, if released by some industry plant at the time it would've gone #1 but because it was Gaga automatically the fate was decided let's be real (still one of her biggest songs in the US though come on sis). The leak and rivalry of the time will also go down in HERstory, but I won't waste space on that when this is about honoring A P P L A U S E because this song is so much more than that lol. Happy 5th Birthday beautiful baby, I can't believe it's been this long already <3 

Put your hands up make them TOUCH 

The part at 0:42 is just lifechanging

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Just now, jujubae said:

I was in my friend's living room so nervous, because there was so much hype riding onto it.

But gotdamn it immediately caught my ear. It really is in every way the perfect pop song and I'm sad that people let the oversaturation of her public image and career take away from their enjoyment of the song itself, because honestly it was perfect for the times and gave us a huge pop girl moment, if released by some industry plant at the time it would've gone #1 but because it was Gaga automatically the fate was decided let's be real (still one of her biggest songs in the US though come on sis). The leak and rivalry of the time will also go down in HERstory, but I won't waste space on that when this is about honoring A P P L A U S E because this song is so much more than that lol. Happy 5th Birthday beautiful baby, I can't believe it's been this long already <3 

Put your hands up make them TOUCH 

The part at 0:42 is just lifechanging

Ikr? This song is amazing!

Guest eevee

I love it <3

One of my fave gaga songs, it weirdly aged well 

This is one of the most catchiest songs she’s ever made it’s still to this’s day listenable 

aged like fine wine