The Return of CAL Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
TattoosOnMyMind

Lana is a fad ,yet her stans still deny this. Why?

Everyone drags Lady Gaga for not being able to be as monstrously successful after TF, TFM, and BTW , yet Lana and her stans put her up on a pedestal when she has only one album that has managed to maintain longevity. Her biggest hit this decade has been an EDM remix that didn't even manage to crack the top 20, and she has poor/mediocre at best charting and album sales history. Her critical acclaim is lukewarm compared to other contemporaries, such as Lorde, and her derivative and repetitive lyrics are hardly worthy of the acclaim fomos shower her with.

Why is she spared the lashings she so rightfully deserves when her artistic output is tired and flaccid, and her chart success is laughable compared to other indie darlings?

• Upvote 5

Just now, jackgrande said:

I like Lana, but you spilt scalding tea. She’s not all her stans make her out to be :wendy9:

She's had some cute songs and gorgeous album tracks ,like Salvatore, but her albums are ALWAYS filled with filler and tend to go on longer than needed.:neckiknock:
The excuse for her abysmal sales/charting history is that she's an indie darling , but the quality of her work isn't indicative of such.:neckiknock:

PerchedT for @Salvatore and her lashings though.

Guest eevee

Lana never wanted to be famous, ppl found Video Games and Blue Jeans then a record label signed her but she only did music for herself, if she cared she'd do promotion but she hasnt promoted since 2013 

Just now, eevee said:

Lana never wanted to be famous, ppl found Video Games and Blue Jeans then a record label signed her but she only did music for herself, if she cared she'd do promotion but she hasnt promoted since 2013 

Making a trap inspired song with one of the biggest names in pop (the Weeknd) beg to differ.

Also her never wanting to be famous is BULL. SHIT.

She made some fake image of her being some romanticised ,broke, "Nancy Sinatra of the Hood" when her father was a millionaire.:neckiknock:

She was an industry plant and she got what she wanted in the end.

• Upvote 1

Lana does not try to gain success, she does not do payola like other artist, because she doesnt care. Also Lana is an amazing songwriter so idk what shit you talking about :whereisit:. Lana always has great debut sales despite not doing any promo, that is quite impressive. 

But you cannot be coming for Lana when you stan Taylor and Ariana, I mean they are both successful BUT they're two of the most basic bitches in terms of music in the industry, especially Taylor. People act like her music is so groundbreaking, when it aint THAT at all. Lana songwriting skills blow Taylor out the water. 

• Upvote 5

Guest eevee
Just now, TattoosOnMyMind said:

Making a trap inspired song with one of the biggest names in pop (the Weeknd) beg to differ.

Also her never wanting to be famous is BULL. SHIT.

She made some fake image of her being some romanticised ,broke, "Nancy Sinatra of the Hood" when her father was a millionaire.:neckiknock:

She was an industry plant and she got what she wanted in the end.

It's true tho, she hated when ppl found her music that's why she had stage fright in the beginning, so yes maybe she got used to it, but i don't think she's looking to be the biggest female artist out there, if she wanted she could be way bigger but she doesnt even try... she hasnt done promo in a very long time yet she still receives millions of views, i think thats pretty impressive if u ask me. 

Just now, Black Beauty ? said:

Lana does not try to gain success, she does not do payola like other artist, because she doesnt care. Also Lana is an amazing songwriter so idk what shit you talking about :whereisit:. Lana always has great debut sales despite not doing any promo, that is quite impressive. 

But you cannot be coming for Lana when you stan Taylor and Ariana, I mean they are both successful BUT they're two of the most basic bitches in terms of music in the industry, especially Taylor. People act like her music is so groundbreaking, when it aint THAT at all. Lana songwriting skills blow Taylor out the water. 

Her two AOTY Grammy's for Fearless and 1989 beg to differ on QUALITEA. (even if that qualitea is dictated on the terms of a white man)

Speaking of GOAT albums, has Anal ever written an ENTIRE album by herself yet?

Edit: Also, before any bitch comes at me saying Taylor only writes about relationships. Yes, we know she writes a lot about her past relationships , but she does so in a manner that feels compelling and not a rehash of daddies, dicks, and drugs.

If you've heard one Anal song you've heard them all (lyrically speaking ofc).

omg this!! they praise her to the high heavens as if she’s some huge act and to this day i’ve never heard a song by her :lmfao:

• Upvote 1

you spilled the TEA sis:gemma:

all anaL does is recycle the same shit about booze, drugs, old men and death:whereisit: she has such one-track music, you've heard one of her songs, you've heard it all

• Upvote 1

Just now, fentypark said:

omg this!! they praise her to the high heavens as if she’s some huge act and to this day i’ve never heard a song by her :lmfao:

She was the radio fodder that her stans mock other pop stans for when she started out.:neckiknock:

The payola her label did to push that EDM rihmix of Summertime Sadness.:neckiknock:

Just now, demimaniac said:

you spilled the TEA sis:gemma:

all anaL does is recycle the same shit about booze, drugs, old men and death:whereisit: she has such one-track music, you've heard one of her songs, you've heard it all

The only thing that only keeps anal from withering (further) is her unique aesthetic and (sometimes) interesting production.

Aside from that, her lyrics are a game of MadLibs: Daddy Issues Edition.

• Upvote 1

an arianator coming for lana saying her music/lyrics are one-track oh honey... :whereisit:

lets talk when your fave can actually put a pen to paper and have some semblance of artistry

• Upvote 5

Just now, MISS CAMARADERIE said:

an arianator coming for lana saying her music/lyrics are one-track oh honey... :whereisit:

lets talk when your fave can actually put a pen to paper and have some semblance of artistry

lmao all these ”alternative” girl stans have such one-track responses too, like fave like stan i guess

maybe for once try to prove that ur fave writes about other shit, bring some receipts sis

ya’ll can’t come up with a single non-pathetic response, it’s sad how you try to be shady and are failing so badly lmao

• Upvote 1

Just now, Black Beauty ? said:

I think it’s cool how today’s artists always wanna take a picture with her though, like it ranges from popstars to black male artists, they all just love Lana. It makes me feel like she’s just a really cool and intelligent person that everyone thinks is chill and fun to be around. She is a living breathing aesthetic

OP spilled though, bitch where were you when I was going off in the Never Be Legends thread :education: @TattoosOnMyMind

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1