The Return of CAL Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous Woman

BTS becomes first K-Pop act to play US stadium

BTS will make history on Oct. 6 when they become the first-ever Korean artist to perform a stadium show in the United States, it was confirmed today (Aug. 8) by local Love Yourself tour promoter Powerhouse Live.   

The group will end the North American leg of their upcoming world tour in New York City at Queens' Citi Field. The news comes after the septet previously sold out more than a dozen shows in the United States and Canada, including two in Newark, New Jersey the prior weekend.    

According to Powerhouse, Citi Field has a capacity for 40,000 concertgoers. It will be the largest concert ever put on Stateside by any Korean artist. Citi Field is the home to MLB baseball team the New York Mets.

Source: https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8469396/bts-nyc-love-yourself-nyc-concert-first-ever-kpop-stateside-stadium

I believe BTS can sell out the venue. But I've attended concert there - it sucks.

Estimate the capacity to be about 30 to 36K. Paul McCartney sold out in that ugly piece of shit venue for three nights - 109K tickets. That's about 36K per night, not counting the fact that K-Pop stages are pretty huge and will definitely eat into the GA. 

I'd rather BTS do MSG twice, which they can probably sell out. But I guess Big Hit wants to yet again cut corners and then pass it off as something groundbreaking for mediaplay. Whatever