The Return of CAL Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
demimaniac

Ariana has been one of the most successful pop girls for 4 years in a row, yet she isn't a main pop girl. Why?

Billboard has a Top Female Artists - Year End list that comes every year

for four consecutive years 2014-2018, she has ranked in the top 5 of this list, and in 2017 she TOPPED the list without releasing any other music than her cover of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow"

IMG_3337.thumb.jpg.8e9f943078e5d6e3047b48247ffd49ec.jpgIMG_3335.thumb.jpg.712f50293f3f0a21d457402ca581904a.jpgIMG_3334.thumb.jpg.7a7d616a16aea05cd18a600836b5646e.jpgIMG_3333.thumb.jpg.c1bceaefe781ef977adcd8c0350fde96.jpg

she ranks beside recognized main pop girls like taylor, katy, gaga & beyonce, yet none of the other main pop girls have been able to make it into the top 5 even on years they released new music

so why is she snubbed from her rightful main pop girl status on COP?

discuss!:gemma:

• Upvote 2

This list is based on sales, tour grossing etc. before anyone says she only got it in 2017 because of Manchester or some shit. She is a main pop girl at this point, pop stans are just too closed minded and old to admit it

:whataboutit:

• Upvote 1

Just now, jackgrande said:

Imagine thinking the donut situation is still relevant in 2018 :kelly: only old white American men care about that these days

I'm a YOUNG Australian man who cares :wendy21: 

People care. Period.

Just now, Maren Swift said:

How did she even top 2017's list? Is this even based on the charts? :taymonster:

Anyways she is a main pop girl. Her not being one is just a myth spread by haterz. :arishook:

the list is also based on touring:taymonster: and she did THAT with only her DW tour

and they say she couldn't sell out a stadium if her life depended on it:whereisit:

• Upvote 3

Just now, jackgrande said:

Imagine thinking the donut situation is still relevant in 2018 :kelly: only old white American men care about that these days

The only people I see mentioning it in 2018 is Ben Shapiro and hating stans on COP. :kelly:

• Upvote 3

No one is as successful in the pop girl category unless you're talking about (pop)ular girls like Cardi B or Ariana. This is due to the fact success is different now. Ariana Grande smash wouldn't equal Crazy in Love,BOMT,Genie,Thriller, for example. Almost in the same way most acts from 1997-2003 wont really benefit from streaming without hard work. 

The only way I can see her being a REAL Main pop girl is if Rap STOPS dominating :asmrchew4:

Just now, AtlanticRecordsAssistant said:

People care. Period.

your also a part of the stan community:wendy21: i doubt the majority of the GP even knew of it to begin with and those who knew probably don't remember anymore

• Upvote 2

Just now, AtlanticRecordsAssistant said:

People care. Period.

Imagine caring about someone licking s donut like 3 years ago. If you can forgive iggy for saying runaway slave master then you can forgive this :whereisit:

Try not to downvote sis. I want an answer :whereisit:

• Upvote 3

Just now, ChryzzGl3n said:

No one is as successful in the pop girl category unless you're talking about (pop)ular girls like Cardi B or Ariana. This is due to the fact success is different now. Ariana Grande smash wouldn't equal Crazy in Love,BOMT,Genie,Thriller, for example. Almost in the same way most acts from 1997-2003 wont really benefit from streaming without hard work. 

The only way I can see her being a REAL Main pop girl is if Rap STOPS dominating :asmrchew4:

what is this ..... ????

ChryzzGl3n

Image result for lmao atrl