Rainbow 💫

Would you work in the music industry??

We all love music and pop culture which is why we are on this forum. 

I was just wondering, Im curious lol.

Would you ever want to be a label owner/ ceo, music producer, songwriter, on the board of directors of a label, singer, rapper, dj, musician, etc? Or is this your current goal and how are you working to achieve this goal?

• Upvote 2

The creative aspects would be fun, but overall, no. The business is way too dirty (as in stepping on one another) and I’m way too domineering and aggressive to be bossed around/stepped on. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Black Beauty ? said:

We all love music and pop culture which is why we are on this forum. 

I was just wondering, Im curious lol.

Would you ever want to be a label owner/ ceo, music producer, songwriter, on the board of directors of a label, singer, rapper, dj, musician, etc? Or is this your current goal and how are you working to achieve this goal?

Honestly, I would. I've always wanted to be a singer but I'm scared of being famous and its consequences lmao. Rn, I'm working into making my own music and finding my own niche so I'd want to join the industry as a producer or something close to that.

• Upvote 1

Just now, neonnights said:

The creative aspects would be fun, but overall, no. The business is way too dirty, and I’m way too domineering and aggressive to be bossed around/stepped on. 

don’t you wanna be naked in a music video tho

• Upvote 1

Just now, shmeur said:

don’t you wanna be naked in a music video tho

Yes :somepoints: but my point remains that I’d hate to be bossed around by anyone like a manager or the boss of a label. Do this, do that, uh uh. I’d need full creative control. I don’t like to be submissive unless it involves fucking nn. And even then that’s a challenge. I like to be in control.mp3

• Upvote 1

Guest messiah

I’d love to work for Diplo. Give him good service and service him too.

Id love to be a producer but at the same time I saw Demi's documentary on youtube and the way she was talking to them made me feel some type of way like i know she just wanted the perfect take but sis was trying it, if I had a session with her I'd probably kick her out after 15 minutes :jan2:

• Upvote 2

I'm a former idol group trainee, and currently an audio engineer and I perform on the electric guitar at pubs and small clubs for fun. 

As a glamour industry, record labels are just that much more exploitative of their staff. Wouldn't recommend.

Anyone reading this,, if you're into being a pop star for the glamour, then no. It's an illusion the industry keeps up to maintain the demand for the celebrity life so they can keep paying new ones scraps for their work. You'll feel more glamour wearing silk gloves eating Palmiers outside a Tiffany's. :demifat:

If you're genuinely interested in making music, go the DIY/independent route. There has never been a better time in history to make music on your own. If you're making everything digitally, all you'd need is a launchpad and a keyboard anyway. Promo? You can network via close friends on Twitter to get the word out about your music - social media is a powerful tool when used properly.

If you just genuinely enjoy performing, just start out at bars. Find some friends to perform with you. Have a stable permanent job at the side, and take tips that help break even the costs of going there, setting up and performing. At least until you have the negotiating power to ask for paid gigs at bigger bars/local music events.

Good luck to anyone pursuing music! :heart:

• Upvote 3

I really really wanna be a songwriter, not 100% sure how I'm going to make it happen but working on the craft of it has been my focus for years, so the industry part can come later once I've finished studying music (which starts this September I'm PERCHED) :demifat:

• Upvote 2

Just now, AngryAzalean said:

I really really wanna be a songwriter, not 100% sure how I'm going to make it happen but working on the craft of it has been my focus for years, so the industry part can come later once I've finished studying music (which starts this September I'm PERCHED) :demifat:

good luck, hopefully someone like Katy hires you :demilip:

• Upvote 1