The Return of CAL Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
Lizzy Grant

Most of your faves' "iconic" moments were just GIMMICKS that showed 0 talent

Guest eevee

did the op just discover what pop music is about? it's pop music, its based on gimmicks and shock value 

hasnt ur fave drank her own piss for shock value? 

Just now, eevee said:

hasnt ur fave drank her own piss for shock value? 

It was for a reality show and in no way, meant to be seen as iconic.

I made this thread because someone said Kesha never had any iconic moments, which is false.

She just performs rightfully and doesn't need gimmicks to prove any sort of talent or creditability 

Just now, Treacherous Lovatic said:

How dare you call Mariah's iconic moment's  a gimmick? :iamdisgusted:

Actually Mariah is rightfully iconic and to my knowledge (not a fan) has never used an outrageous gimmicks to gain attention or try to be seen as "iconic"

Just now, eevee said:

did the op just discover what pop music is about? it's pop music, its based on gimmicks and shock value

Not necessarily. There's plenty of pop artists that don't feel the need to shock to prove anything  

Just now, Radioactive said:

"gimmick" isn't an inherently bad word and the sooner you learn that the better

And I'm not saying that, obviously they worked. But it just proves some pop artists thrive to be extra because they must feel not talented enough without them

Just now, Lizzy Grant said:

And I'm not saying that, obviously they worked. But it just proves some pop artists thrive to be extra because they must feel not talented enough without them

everybody needs to market themselves. you can argue that Mariah and Whitney's vocals were their gimmick; something that markets them as an artist and keeps the consumers hooked on them. does that mean they're not talented?

anything can be a gimmick by definition.

now i can finally say Lana sung horrifically and danced terribly on SNL as a gimmick for shock value when @raja drags her

7EKtGhI.jpg

Guest messiah
Just now, Salvatore said:

now i can finally say Lana sung horrifically and danced terribly on SNL as a gimmick for shock value when @raja drags her

7EKtGhI.jpg

The tea is, I’m a Llama stan. :gemma:

We should focus on the music and have the gimmicks be the icing on the cake, pop culture is just too iconic not to take everything into account :education:

people are here for gimmicks and if there is goog music too, that's even better. what even more you want?