Lizzy Grant

Is Kesha a pop icon?

Not counting her MAJOR success with Tik Tok and her first record Animal, she single handedly influenced the sound of Pop music from 2009-2012 with songs like We R Who We R and Blow. Britney and other artists at the time were even accused of copying Kesha's image and style, etc. Not only that, but after her previous comeback last year she got her second #1, grammy nominated album. With the lead single ALSO being grammy nominated. And she is still continuing and planning much more music, tours, etc. So. Is she significant enough to pop music to be considered a pop icon, or perhaps even a legend?

Discuss :receipts2:

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

For me, she's one of the Pop influencers out there, emphasising her '$' era (excluding her Warrior album era). But beyond that, she's on her own independently and doesn't need to be labelled either an icon or a legend. She's a Queen in my book, though. Love her as an Animal.

• Upvote 1

She made some great bops with Animal and Cannibal, she was relevant even without the numbers, in her prime she was considered one of the big dogs by many, and sometimes the worst one. Like Kesha got hella bullied for that autotune shit, but looking back she was an icon

Just now, Black Beauty ? said:

No. She has no impact. 

Try again she was like the first trashy popstar to serve Tpain vocals :tinasheeducating: not a lot of pop girls were using autotune on purpose like Ke$us

• Upvote 3

No. She is an established household name. She is NOT an icon. So No.

I say she is both :tinasheeducating:

• Upvote 2

Just now, barbiej33p said:

She made some great bops with Animal and Cannibal, she was relevant even without the numbers, in her prime she was considered one of the big dogs by many, and sometimes the worst one. Like Kesha got hella bullied for that autotune shit, but looking back she was an icon

Try again she was like the first trashy popstar to serve Tpain vocals :tinasheeducating: not a lot of pop girls were using autotune on purpose like Ke$us

I deleted that comment. I thought about it but I still dont think she's an icon :cm:

• Give a Cookie 1

I deleted that comment. I thought about it but I still dont think she's an icon :cm:

for every little monster there was an animal buying ha music and defending that trash, that was me :tinasheeducating:

• Love 1
  • Give a Cookie 1

No she's not, she doesnt have any iconic moments :tinasheeducating:

Her career in itself is iconic she just didn’t smash that hard, but Timber says hi and that was a MOMENT, around the time everyone thought she couldn’t sing they were shook at that chorus :tinasheeducating:

• Upvote 2
  • Give a Cookie 1

No she's not, she doesnt have any iconic moments :tinasheeducating:

By that you mean stage moments I presume... sorry she doesn't create gimmicks for attention. She actually has talent and puts meaning into her performaces 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Just now, barbiej33p said:

Timber says hi and that was a MOMENT, around the time everyone thought she couldn’t sing they were shook at that chorus :tinasheeducating:

I love her rap version which she's only did live. Hope she recorded a studio version, though.

• Upvote 2

Just now, AtlanticRecordsAssistant said:

No she’s more of a fridge...magnet :jan1:

Just now, Breakdown said:

It’s hard for kitchen appliances to become icons

Cute weight shaming and especially coming from mods...

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lizzy Grant said:

By that you mean stage moments I presume... sorry she doesn't create gimmicks for attention. She actually has talent and puts meaning into her performaces 

I never said she wasnt talented. She has talent. I like a lot of songs by her but she is not an icon to me like Gaga,Katy,Rih etc.

Guest messiah

She had one of the best debuts ever. Sooooo... yeah.