CUZ!CAN

Britney Spears: pop icon or pop legend?

There has always been discussion about the status of pop artist Britknee Spears.

Has she managed in 20 years of her career to become a legend or is she considered as a pop icon.

discuss

I’d say that she’s generally seen as an icon, but after 2007, the breakdown and Blackout shot her to legend status whether it’s said in a good or negative connotation. 

Legend. 

Changed the landscape of pop twice

influenced every pop act after her

20 years in the game 

lots more but I’m on mobile. 

• Upvote 1

Guest eevee

for me you can only be a legend if ur dead 

Just now, jackgrande said:

Definitely a pop legend. She’s still thriving now 20 years later :paul:

This is very true and also something detractors should consider. A lot of people rag on her for her dancing (and she has been lazy but still) and for her lipsyncing and so on and so forth but bitch is still making BANK to waddle around on stage and lip sync to her hits. I don’t see many current pop girls lasting 20 years. Not to throw Dula Peep under the bus but do you see her still around 20 years from now? No. 

• Upvote 2

Guest eevee
Just now, jackgrande said:

Definitely a pop legend. She’s still thriving now 20 years later :paul:

legends sing live 

Just now, Dangerous Woman said:

She’s definitely not a legend and hardly an icon either :whereisit:

Charli's career is basically a re-imagined britney career :whereisit:

Just now, eevee said:

legends sing live 

Sksjshdhd I agree she’s pretty terrible live, but the fact that she can still sell out tours and a 4 year Vegas residency all whilst getting away with lip syncing and wooden dancing says something. Only legends can get away with that

I think Legend. I feel like even if she underperforms everyone knows the name Britney Spears. It's the same with GaGa, no matter how much she flops I feel like she's engraved ha name in the GP's mind. :legend:

Guest eevee
39 minutes ago, jackgrande said:

Sksjshdhd I agree she’s pretty terrible live, but the fact that she can still sell out tours and a 4 year Vegas residency all whilst getting away with lip syncing and wooden dancing says something. Only legends can get away with that

I agree that she impacted lot of people's lives, you cant deny her success and her icon status and i think sadly what really gave her this iconic status is her meltdown and how she managed to recover from it, shes definitely inspirational and likeable but i just can't help thinking that she still has stuff to prove, she just doesn't seem passionate or hungry like she used to be but thats understable considering what happened but still lot people go to see her for the nostalgic feeling, i wonder if all these people know she doesnt sing live when they go to her show, i wonder if they care or not? Personally i just can't accept lip syncing on tour, if you're lip syncing on a award show it can be understable for technical priorities but i'm sure she could manage to throw some live vocals in there, the dancing she does nowadays doesnt look as tiring as her old choreos, theres nothing to justify it imo, she could lower the key of her songs if they're too hard to sing, even Hillary Duff and Selena Gomez who don't have a strong voices try to sing live.