The Return of CAL Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
Katheryn

Was Katy Perry's "Witness" ahead of our time?

First of all, no, I did not stole this idea from @?? with her Was Miley too ahead of our time? thread. I've wanted to ask this when her album dropped both being released and dropped, as in "declined by the public". Why the hate and why would you join the train even before listening to the album? Is it because of what she or, at least, her label picked for the singles. Is it because she collabed with Migos or her clapback for Taylor Swift's Bad Blood was "weak" (I personally liked "Swish Swish"). I really can't put into words of what each track of the album contains, but I can say it's something people aren't ready for. Discuss this sorta-tea, sisters.

• Upvote 6

No the media just made the public turn on her.

Also, HORRIBLE single choices. Like the worst songs from the album.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lucky said:

No the media just made the public turn on her.

Also, HORRIBLE single choices. Like the worst songs from the album.

I see. But I'm so happy she made the first move of apologising to Taylor regardless of you who's fault is.

Yeah, I agree. Though, I like "Chained to the Rhythm" and "Swish Swish", they're not single materials. I'd say, after CttR, "Witness" then "Power" and "Miss You More". Or maybe, she should’ve made music videos to all songs like a series which'll be unique in artists' standards (since FOB have done it with their "Save Rock and Roll" album; they're a band).

• Upvote 2

Guest messiah

CTTR commercially was the best song on that album which peaked in the top 10... is that not single material?

Just now, Treacherous Lovatic said:

Wait you upvoted @Black Beauty ?'s comment about liking Artpop I thought you hate Gaga?

I don't necessarily agree that ARTPOP was ahead of its time but I do agree that Bionic and Witness was. 

:rly: 

• Upvote 2

It's a terrible album. It fails at everything it wants to do. 

She couldn't decide if she wanted to branch out with a more experimental album, or keep making the KatyPerry brand of pop she started with Teenage Dream. So she did both, and did both terribly. The melodies were poor throughout the whole album, the lyrics were bad and the experimental songs are too "pop". 

ARTPOP and Bionic are messy, but there are times where you see it working/what they were going for. This album just sucks throughout.

• Upvote 4

Yes, only people with higher intellgience in the future will get to appreciate that masterpieces that are Deja Vu, Bigger Than Me and Tsunami

• Love 2

It was so BAD. You can’t slap “ahead of it’s time” on bad albums all the time and expect to get away with it. Call it what it was, a mess that she was personally proud of but left a bad taste in all our mouths. The album could have picked a signature sound and it would have bopped, had all the songs sounded like Swish Swish and Deja Vu it would have been a fun album, or if it was full of potential hits like bon Appetit. What we got was all over the place :cry: Even the production flops like on Witness the song

I want Katy to learn from this and put out a flawless pop record like she used to

• Upvote 2

:notimpressed: It was really inconsistent and half-assed. Like she wanted desperately to cater to everyone, tried to do so, and ended up getting the opposite of what she was trying to achieve. Either go full speed ahead or don't. You can't start going full speed ahead and stop in the middle of the highway. That's what causes you to crash into the embankment below and die.

• Upvote 2

Guest eevee

no it was shit already done predictable manufactured desperately tried to be woke and political and hypocritically tryin to critisise society while ur already a product of society thats why it flopped bye