Sign in to follow this  
A Star Is Born

Was Miley too ahead of her time?

Was Miley too ahead of her time with her shocking transformation with Bangerz?
Not only looks wise, but sound wise, she used a bunch of Hip-Hop producers and collabed with artists like French Montana, Big Sean, Nelly, Future, Juicy J and Wiz Khalifa. She pushed the most controversial single as the lead in which she sings of twerking and Molly and even stole Terry Richardson from GaGa.
Basically, she embraced Hip-Hop way before any of the other girlies and way before it become trendy to do so (poor Cameltoe Cabello).

Image result for Miley Cyrus 2013

Should Miley have stayed embracing the Hip-Hop community instead of paddling back to Country hicks like Dolly Parton?

Bangerz wasn’t hip hop enough for me, I wanted a Kreayshawn teas album from that. It’s messy but in the best way, but there are too many slow songs and ballads.

Now if she would have cut some tracks off Dead Petz that would have been ahead of it’s time, it still kinda is but it’s not an amazing record to begin with

• Upvote 1

Just now, barbiej33p said:

Bangerz wasn’t hip hop enough for me, I wanted a Kreayshawn teas album from that. It’s messy but in the best way, but there are too many slow songs and ballads.

Now if she would have cut some tracks off Dead Petz that would have been ahead of it’s time, it still kinda is but it’s not an amazing record to begin with

Sweetie, Dead Petz is truly her BEST album. It seriously contains some of the best lyrics and production she's EVER slapped her name on. The Flaming Lips DID THAT. Of course some tracks are GARBAGE but that's what happens when you release a 20 track album (See: Ancient Heart by Madonna)

• Upvote 1

Just now, ?? said:

Of course some tracks are GARBAGE but that's what happens when you release a 20 track album (See: Ancient Heart by Madonna)

Exactly my point, I deleted like 10 songs off that album and it became 100x better :tiara1:

Exactly my point, I deleted like 10 songs off that album and it became 100x better :tiara1:

1. Do It
  2. Karen Don't Be Sad
  3. The Floyd Sing
  4. Something About Space Dude
  5. Space Bootz
  6. BB Talk
  7. Fweaky
  8. Milky Milky Milk
  9. I Forgive Yiew
  10. I Get So Scared
  11. Lighter

ARE ALL PERFECTION. LOOK AT ALL THOSE MASTERPIECES, ISSA WHOLE ALBUM

• Upvote 2

Just now, ?? said:
  1. Do It
  2. Karen Don't Be Sad
  3. The Floyd Sing
  5. Space Bootz
  6. BB Talk
  7. Fweaky
  8. Milky Milky Milk
  9. I Forgive Yiew
  10. I Get So Scared
  11. Lighter

Ooh you scared me bitch this is lowkey my tracklist :eartha: Of course you’d exclude Slab of God

• Upvote 1

Honestly, I think her album came out at the right time. That era was pretty good for her commercially. I think today she would get the same amount of flack about cultural appropriation, but she definitely was one of the main ones who challenged the idea of slut shaming in this decade, and I think we are slightly better off now because of it. 

Now that the public is appreciating the art of black artists more than in 2013, I'm not sure if Miley would've stood out in a good way or a bad way. I feel like most of the stuff on the charts right now is so... serious. And everything about Bangerz just seems like a parody in comparison. Even Bodak Yellow feels like more of an authentic effort than her singles from that era, especially if you look at 23.

• Upvote 1

Guest eevee

Um not really, hip-hop was already slowly coming back from the grave in 2012

with the success of Macklemore, A$ap Rocky's "Live. Love.A$AP" and Kendrick's "Good Kid, M.A.A.D City"

Rihanna already did urban ish stuff on "Unapologetic" in 2012 + Lana Del Rey also had productions with hip-hop beats on "Born To Die", Miley just jumped on the bandwagon early enuff and that was a smart move. But have you ever noticed everytime a Disney girl tries to rebel herself she jumps on the Urban bandwagon? Britney with "Slave 4 U", Xtina with "dirrty" which were totally different from the teen pop they previously released :britsmoke:

Ooh you scared me bitch this is lowkey my tracklist :eartha: Of course you’d exclude Slab of God

I actually like Slab of Cum! Sorry, everything after Lighter kinda stinks.

• Upvote 1

Just now, ?? said:
  1. Do It
  2. Karen Don't Be Sad
  3. The Floyd Sing
  5. Space Bootz
  6. BB Talk
  7. Fweaky
  8. Milky Milky Milk
  9. I Forgive Yiew
  10. I Get So Scared
  11. Lighter

Where tf is One Sun I’m suing :krisgun:

• Upvote 1

Just now, ?? said:
  1. Do It
  2. Karen Don't Be Sad
  3. The Floyd Sing
  5. Space Bootz
  6. BB Talk
  7. Fweaky
  8. Milky Milky Milk
  9. I Forgive Yiew
  10. I Get So Scared
  11. Lighter

Add Bang Me Box and I agree.

• Upvote 1

She was definitely ahead of her time but i feel like with how quickly society has devolved and ignorance thriving again, SJW's wouldn't allow her to thrive like she did back in 2013. SJW's are a cancer on society and must be expunged at all costs.

Just now, AtlanticRecordsAssistant said:

She was definitely ahead of her time but i feel like with how quickly society has devolved and ignorance thriving again, SJW's wouldn't allow her to thrive like she did back in 2013. SJW's are a cancer on society and must be expunged at all costs.

Idk, I can see her working with some It rappers. I feel like she could've slid pass SJWs and reverted back to Hip-Hop producers if she hadn't dissed Rap during YN. She's disgusting for that, but we love her.