Pixelated Kunt

Is 2018 the worst year for music?

to be honest 90% of albums/single's released this year are not good. there's hardly been any that caught my interest or are likeable 

do you agree 2018 is the worst year for music? 

Just now, Tattooed Heart said:

No, it's the new 2016. No Tears, Everything is Love, My Dear Melancholy, Invasion of Privacy, Chun-Li, Dance To This, level up, astroworld :dafuq:

Are those supposed to be examples of the good or bad music? 

• Upvote 2

kanye had the great releases

sophie dropped in june

ariana's comin w some quality

astroworld

scorpion isn't great but it was serviceable 

oop not to mention Abel dropped straight fire, Borns did THAT with blue madonna

compared to 2016s colored excellence dropping back to back to back and 2017 being alt-pop galore then yea ig 2018 is the weakest it's been since 2013 prob

• Upvote 2

Guest eevee

no

go listen to good music 

I don’t know if 2018 is the worst out of all the years pop music has been around, but it’s definitely the worst of the decade in my opinion. I feel like everything has just went downhill since 2015 (an amazing year) ended. 2016 was the first year I ever felt bored with the top pop songs. And 2017 managed to be even worse, and now 2018 is even worse than that.

• Love 1

Guest eevee

it annoys me so much when ppl say "is XXXX the worst year for music?" like what r u based on to say that? Of course if u only pay attention to mainstream music 80% of it is shit 

Just now, Salvatore said:

kanye had the great releases

sophie dropped in june

ariana's comin w some quality

astroworld

scorpion isn't great but it was serviceable 

oop not to mention Abel dropped straight fire, Borns did THAT with blue madonna

compared to 2016s colored excellence dropping back to back to back and 2017 being alt-pop galore then yea ig 2018 is the weakest it's been since 2013 prob

I thought 2013 was good. Bangerz, The 20/20 Experience, Beyoncé. Plus Gags and Kety stans got an album.

The only thing about 2013 is it's the year Britney Jean came out, which was a dark time for us Britney stans. :demicry:

Just now, ???????? said:

I don’t know if 2018 is the worst out of all the years pop music has been around, but it’s definitely the worst of the decade in my opinion. I feel like everything has just went downhill since 2015 (an amazing year) ended. 2016 was the first year I ever felt bored with the top pop songs. And 2017 managed to be even worse, and now 2018 is even worse than that.

2016 was great.

Glory, Lemonade, 7/27, Anti, Dangerous Donut, Lady Gaga & Her Dead Auntz

What's there to complain about?

No we have Drugs by Uffie and Rico Nasty to thank :elliesass:

I think 2012 was the worst ngl. 2018's releases have been very dull, though. A lot of them I've been so excited for, but was let down by the end result.

Just now, Elusive Loverboy said:

I thought 2013 was good. Bangerz, The 20/20 Experience, Beyoncé. Plus Gags and Kety stans got an album.

The only thing about 2013 is it's the year Britney Jean came out, which was a dark time for us Britney stans. :demicry:

I just found it to be meh

i know there were some good albums from TOP, A$AP Rocky, Bastile, T,TC, James Blake, Chance, Kanye, AM, 1975, Weeknd, Lorde, Gambino, Beyonce...

wait hold up a minute :wendy12:  i think i remembered some music wrong bc fuck 

2013 looking back on it was really the origin from the more urban sound styles of today..Katy, Gaga, and Britney kinda became the albums closing the chapter on their golden years- it also saw the height and fall of altpop with stuff from AM, 1975 Lorde Blake, Bastille, TOP, etc. from Lana's trailblazing debut in 2012 :sonii: - the tumblrcore black and white italicized arial cigarette rainy days aesthetic was the TEA...even hella emo bands released some of their last "major" work in 2013..so many indie/folk bands that hit the trends in 2011/12 also started to fade away..oh wow

thinking on 2013 i thought it didn't stack up to 2016 and 2017s behemoth releases but maybe i should check out 2014 n 2015 and see the drops from them years

Just now, Salvatore said:

I just found it to be meh

i know there were some good albums from TOP, A$AP Rocky, Bastile, T,TC, James Blake, Chance, Kanye, AM, 1975, Weeknd, Lorde, Gambino, Beyonce...

wait hold up a minute :wendy12:  i think i remembered some music wrong bc fuck 

2013 looking back on it was really the origin from the more urban sound styles of today..Katy, Gaga, and Britney kinda became the albums closing the chapter on their golden years- it also saw the height and fall of altpop with stuff from AM, 1975 Lorde Blake, Bastille, TOP, etc. from Lana's trailblazing debut in 2012 :sonii: - the tumblrcore black and white italicized arial cigarette rainy days aesthetic was the TEA...even hella emo bands released some of their last "major" work in 2013..so many indie/folk bands that hit the trends in 2011/12 also started to fade away..oh wow

thinking on 2013 i thought it didn't stack up to 2016 and 2017s behemoth releases but maybe i should check out 2014 n 2015 and see the drops from them years

I really don't think 2015 was great.

2014 was alright.