Sign in to follow this  
Guest eevee

What ruined Gaga's career more?

Guest eevee

Alejandro music video started it all imo, all my friends liked her till she released the video, ppl were very very disgusted by it 

the meat dress also made her look desperate and attention-seeking but it was iconic

born this way put lot of her fanbase off she lost lot of the gp + the madonna express yourself controversy 

i guess artpop put the final nail in the coffin when that girl puked on her and the r kelly thing

but with joanne and C2C she kinda saved her career and she seems more respected that ever 

i guess if she released better music these controversies wouldnt have hurted her career as much cuz like her music only got worse and worse and she changed too drasticfully n a short amount of time she also played her cards too early into her career she used all of her ideas too soon she should have kept her the fame style for 3 albums then move on to the tfm look then keep that for 2 albums then transit to more trendy music styles like urban idk 

Mariah's 2010 Christmas album outshined her and brought back the vocalist trend (Adele's 21, 25, etc.)

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « mariah christmas album »

• Upvote 2

Just now, fentypark said:

lmao iconic

I think it really started with Artpop's mess of an era. When she announced Venus as the single, but then released DWUW feat. Piss Boy it upset some fans. Then she collabed with two perverts for the video, and then ended up cancelling the video.

Alejandro video was controversial, but it wasn't even close to ending her career. The song was still a huge hit. The meat dress is iconic.  

I think after Artpop's messy era, instead of doing a Jazz album and then Joanne, she should've been focusing on regaining her audience.

But this year is looking good with A Star Is Born coming soon, and hopefully her next album she can make a sizable comeback.

1 hour ago, rihce said:

the cabaret music and focusing on acting for a cable show when she should have been regaining her lost fans.

let's not drag and downplay "hotel" because that season is better than anything joanne could ever be

L2YJ.gif

it started with Born this way (TFM era has no signs of her downfall) after she lost the GP sacrificing her career for the gays sake

ARTPOP was her only chance to revive herself

managment issues backstabbings her being forced to to make the album when she didn’t want to

her hip

she wanted to quit after it

cheek to cheek was nowhere near her downfall in fact it helped rebuild her image and be more respected as an artist this time as an artist and not a dumb pop singer which made her get the elders respect

joanne helped her too she wasn’t ready to make another popy album the reason that the redone bops were scrapped were because they weren’t scrapped she was just training to write again with him since it’s been years since she wrote after ARTPOP they were never meant to be released the albums “stripped back” vibe was the idea from the start

and I believe that her dabbling into pop style sound and pc music with her own Gaga twist will bring her back where she belongs. The spotlight

thank you for coming to my ted talk

• Upvote 1
  • Give a Cookie 1

Definitely the entire Joanne era, you can even see lots of her fans excluding that era.
It was so much different for her and you know... country sound, new audience with new genre etc etc those hurt her career. Thank god she still earned that Top 5 :cm: 

Guest eevee
On 8/7/2018 at 3:27 PM, Craig said:

Gaga's career is not ruined though 

No she definitely recovered, but she made some drastic choices that alienated a lot of her fan base but i know this new era will be the real comeback