Venti

COP's Next Songwriter: Season 1(Sign-ups)

COP's Next Songwriter: Season 1

The concept of the game is pretty simple. Every Monday I'll post an instrumental/beat and a lyrical theme. Players will have until Friday to send me their lyrics, with the name of an artist they would envision singing/rapping the song. Me and three other judges will review and rank the songs over the weekend and post the results on the following Monday, along with the new instrumental and theme. Each judge will give a song a certain amount of points, ranging from 0-10. The player(s) while recieve the lesser amount of votes will be eliminated from the game. The amount of people we eliminate each round will depend on the amount of people who sign up.

If players steal lyrics from other songs, they will be instantly eliminated. That doesn't mean you can't take a line or two from another song or poem, but if you start taking whole verses or even more, you will be eliminated. If two people are tied and have the same amount of votes, the judges will just vote between the two.

If you want to be a player then just ask to sign up in the thread. If you have questions please ask, because I probably forgot to explain a couple of things.

Voting will end this Sunday and the game will begin on Monday. There is no specified time for the beginning of each round, but lyrics must be sent by 0:00 EST on Friday.

Judges

Players

I would like to try this out (as a contestant)

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dirkje said:

What a good idea! How long will this event take in total though?

Depends on how many people sign up but probably two months or 6 weeks

Just now, shmeur said:

I'll judge!  I have an English degree and am a songwriter/poet so I know good writing.

Great! I'll make PM with all the judges soon

• Love 1

Just now, Desperado said:

What a nice game to steal lyrics for my artist on CAL :jan1:

what a nice game to plagiarize underground artists' work that none of the judges have heard about:jan1:

• Upvote 1

Just now, Desperado said:

What a nice game to steal lyrics for my artist on CAL :jan1:

:jan1:

Just now, demimaniac said:

what a nice game to plagiarize underground artists' work that none of the judges have heard about:jan1:

Good thing we have a lyric detector:jan1: