neonnights

Horror Movies Discussion Thread

I am a HUGE horror fan, I desperately dig for one to watch at least every week, I have a Shudder subscription but I already watched everything interesting on there nn

But so far my fav Horror movies of this year are Hereditary, Revenge, Strangers: Prey at Night, and The First Purge :demifat:

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1
  • Give a Cookie 1

My absolute favorite genre. I've been big into horror since I was just a lil one when I accidentally watched part of Pet Semetary  (with NO sound) at the Thunderbird Drive-In when we was supposed to be watching Die Hard or something lol. 

• Love 3

Just now, barbiej33p said:

I am a HUGE horror fan, I desperately dig for one to watch at least every week, I have a Shudder subscription but I already watched everything interesting on there nn

But so far my fav Horror movies of this year are Hereditary, Revenge, Strangers: Prey at Night, and The First Purge :demifat:

I liked the Strangers sequel but the characters were so fucking dumb it kind of ruined the viewing experience for me. And the sister in that movie :rip: she should’ve died first. The dad was a DADDY tho 

have you seen Terrifier? I was legit scared watching that. 

Just now, Blue Sunshine said:

My absolute favorite genre. I've been big into horror since I was just a lil one when I accidentally watched part of Pet Semetary  (with NO sound) at the Thunderbird Drive-In when we was supposed to be watching Die Hard or something lol. 

KWEEN ZELDA FROM PET SEMETARY :legend:

that bitch had me SHAKING. She still scares me 

• Upvote 1

Guest IsThatSaraS

Yaaas :gaycat:

Spoiler

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S JOHNNY!!!

Just now, neonnights said:

I liked the Strangers sequel but the characters were so fucking dumb it kind of ruined the viewing experience for me. And the sister in that movie :rip: she should’ve died first. The dad was a DADDY tho 

have you seen Terrifier? I was legit scared watching that. 

I thought the mom was the only dumb bitch and that was unfortunate because I thought she was so pretty and seemed like a cool mom at first. Plus I thought the strangers were gonna kill all of em and be overpowered af but that sister lowkey put the hurt on them, I won't spoiler anything here but I was shook at the ending considering I expected a different outcome :demishook:

Omg Terrifier was this year? Add it to the list of favorites then :demifat: I absolutely LOVED the 80's throwback (they executed it better than the strangers nn) and the slasher aesthetic that nobody does anymore felt so fresh. I rememebr that clown from a short film and when I saw he had his own movie I was SHOOK. Plus that part where the sister is leaving the building and he's just standing there like a mime OOH my bussy quivered, and the lady parts scene had so much nightmare fuel in it tbh :jan2: And it's so short and fun too to make for multiple watches, a MOVIE :tellem2: 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

KWEEN ZELDA FROM PET SEMETARY :legend:

that bitch had me SHAKING. She still scares me 

Dat movie is still so fucking good with it's cheesy ass 80s graphics and everything! OMJ, seriously! One of my very favorite King adaptations.

• Love 1

Just now, IsThatSaraS said:

Hide contents

What are some of your faves?

Just now, barbiej33p said:

I thought the mom was the only dumb bitch and that was unfortunate because I thought she was so pretty and seemed like a cool mom at first. Plus I thought the strangers were gonna kill all of em and be overpowered af but that sister lowkey put the hurt on them, I won't spoiler anything here but I was shook at the ending considering I expected a different outcome :demishook:

Omg Terrifier was this year? Add it to the list of favorites then :demifat: I absolutely LOVED the 80's throwback (they executed it better than the strangers nn) and the slasher aesthetic that nobody does anymore felt so fresh. I rememebr that clown from a short film and when I saw he had his own movie I was SHOOK. Plus that part where the sister is leaving the building and he's just standing there like a mime OOH my bussy quivered, and the lady parts scene had so much nightmare fuel in it tbh :jan2: And it's so short and fun too to make for multiple watches, a MOVIE :tellem2: 

GODDD! That lady parts scene literally had me speechless! I was shockedT what was happening. The diner scene where he walked in and the drunk girl was teasing him had my bussy on edge. That whole movie was so fucking good. 

What are some of your other faves?

• Upvote 1

Just now, IsThatSaraS said:

Hide contents

This film is a MASTERPIECE! I understand that King hates it, but it is by far one of the greatest horror films ever made!

• Upvote 1

Dat movie is still so fucking good with it's cheesy ass 80s graphics and everything! OMJ, seriously! One of my very favorite King adaptations.

Yes! His movie adaptations are usually so fucking good. The original IT movie :legend: Misery :legend: Dolores Claiborne :legend: THE FUCKING MIST :legend: SALEMS FUCKING LOT 

what are some of your other faves?

Just now, CUZ!CAN said:

Yes, my faves are conjuring 1,2, the saw series, all final destination movies and the Insidious series :love:

Taste! I absolutely loved the FD movies. My faves were 1, 2 and 3. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, ACT2 said:

YES

chucky series and saw movies

are a hip breaker

TASTE!!! 

I LOVED the Chucky movies. My dad used to rent them on VHS (nnnn) for me and my brother in like 2000. What’s your fave? My fave was the second one. 

• Upvote 1

Yes! His movie adaptations are usually so fucking good. The original IT movie :legend: Misery :legend: Dolores Claiborne :legend: THE FUCKING MIST :legend: SALEMS FUCKING LOT 

Taste! I absolutely loved the FD movies. My faves were 1, 2 and 3. 

The guy in the pool death scene in the third movie is so hot omg :imready:

My fave is also the third movie :tehe:

• Love 1

TASTE!!! 

I LOVED the Chucky movies. My dad used to rent them on VHS (nnnn) for me and my brother in like 2000. What’s your fave? My fave was the second one. 

1 and 2 and

i know 4 and 5 flopped but i like the comedy in em

the latest one was pretty weird

but the one before was scary as fuck

• Love 1

Guest IsThatSaraS

What are some of your faves?

I like the first Halloween, and can't wait for the new one!! :gaycat14:

I LOVE Scream!

I like Jaws, Friday The 13th Part 1, Texas Chainsaw (the original), A Nightmare on Elm Street (the original),

Freddy vs Jason, Psycho, The Purge, The Blair Witch Project, Paranormal Activity (most of the films)...

...Have you seen the film Truth or Dare; with Lucy Hale??

This film is a MASTERPIECE! I understand that King hates it, but it is by far one of the greatest horror films ever made!

That part with the guy in that fucking bear/lion suit when homegirl is running through the hotel at toward the end of the movie used to scare the shit out of me 

• Upvote 1

Seriously! The man can write the hell out of a story and the film adaptations are almost always a hit. Misery fucks me up! Kathy and James both were PHENOMENAL in it. Amazing! The original IT miniseries was everything when it first aired. I remember watching it on TV like OMJ this is so fucked! (I didn't think "fucked" literally bc I was like 10 ... but you get what I mean lol)

Aside from the ones you mentioned I also really like 1408. It was a surprise to me dat I liked it as much as I did. I enjoy some of his not so much full on horror adaptations as well like The Shawshank Redemption, Stand by Me, Secret Window ... all amazing. 

I am eagerly anticipating a film adaptation of Dr. Sleep. So hype for dat!

• Love 1

That part with the guy in that fucking bear/lion suit when homegirl is running through the hotel at toward the end of the movie used to scare the shit out of me 

Dat was some fuck up shit!

• Upvote 1